Sign in to follow this  
bushmaster

Payment type for FFl dealers

Was wondering if anyone uses paypal as their credit card processing and if you can use paypal. Especially for internet sales or gun repairs?

I'm reading and finding out that a lot of credit card processors will not allow accts that deal with guns and internet sales. Must be something to this Obama "Operation Chokepoint". 

Thanks,

Bob

This isn't anything new. There are very few truly gun friendly payment processors. Some are okay with card present transactions only for firearms such as Authorize.net. The one we use, Transnational, is 100% fine with firearms ecommerce. Paypal is as anti-gun as they come and using them is only a matter of time before they freeze your batches.

Chokepoint is a little different as it's the government intervening and messing with not only payment processing but bank accounts too.

If you were to use Paypal as a form of payment to purchase a gun

there are a few points to be aware of.

1) NEVER mention a gun, firearm, or anything related to them in the invoice / payment

2) Most FFL, sellers, ect. that do accept PP will require the payment to made as a "GIFT"

or you pay the PP fees, because most will not eat the fee.

PayPal monitors transaction for key words (like gun, ect.) so even if you pay discretely as

a gift - if your payment is going to an e-mail address wit ha key word ( joeblow@ AceGuns.com)

you're gonna get caught and they will freeze you account (money) and possibly terminate you 

account altogether.

Be careful.......................

Transnational has some horrible reviews on their credit card processing. I went to the NRA site which steered me in the right direction. Payment Alliance seems to be the best out of a few I checked out. . You would be surprised how many web hosting domains also are anti gun ! Amazing! Thanks for the help!

Transnational has some horrible reviews on their credit card processing. I went to the NRA site which steered me in the right direction. Payment Alliance seems to be the best out of a few I checked out. . You would be surprised how many web hosting domains also are anti gun ! Amazing! Thanks for the help!

We tried Payment Alliance. Absolute nightmare. I've put over seven figures through with Transnational already and I know multiple others who have done in excess of $10M with TN after switching from PAI. I'd take TN over PAI every single time.

Thats good to know..Does Transnational have a early cancellation policy and how much for the equipment? How is there customer service?

Thanks

Early cancellation fees are part of the contract you negotiate. Our contract stipulates no ETF. And since we're 100% ecommerce, no equipment fee. CS there both technical and account related have been top notch. Far superior to PAI.

Tom has been helpful to me. I went with TN from PA. Free card swiper, web based processing, web cart, and I just installed a plug in for Quickbooks.

Sent from an undisclosed location.