TheMan

Any Cigar smokers here?

1 hour ago, jrfly3006 said:

social- once in a while smoker here...all of my stuff has since dried out...anyone recommend a nice online sampler to get me back on track? Could use one with a new lighter and cutter

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Smallbatch Starter Kit (Travel Humidor, Cutter, Lighter) + $50 Surprise pack (Good stuff, not Cigars International inflated MSRP samplers)

https://www.smallbatchcigar.com/small-batch-starter-kit-50-surprise-pack

8 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Wha? 

So for a non smoker, how are cigars different from Cancer Sticks? 

You don't inhale cigar smoke.  You're also smoking regular tobacco leaves, not a blend of junk...  You do get some of the nicotine, but barely any of the tar and chemicals, etc.

Cigarettes have only about 50% tobacco - the rest is reconstituted tobacco (scraps, leftovers, expired cigarette tobacco, mixed in with chemicals) and reclaimed tobacco...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBAuM1fLKRk

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, fatty said:

Nick do you know what cigars are included in the sample pack?  Looking to get a few as well

Any other recommendations?

It's a surprise sampler so no - but if you know what you like, you can put it in the order notes and ask for something similar.

They have other Super Samplers that have really good cigars.

This one has cigars that are all exclusive to Small Batch/Maxamar Cigars
https://www.smallbatchcigar.com/small-batch-exclusive-sampler

1 x Warped La Colmena Reina  (GREAT Smoke!)
1 x Davidoff Maxamar 15th Anniversary  (Can't go wrong with Davidoff)
1 x Caldwell Long Live The King The Crowning  (Great Smoke!)
1 x Caldwell Eastern Standard Marble House  (Solid - great morning smoke to go with coffee)
1 x Quesada 40th Petite Belicoso Clasica  (Good short smoke)
1 x Caldwell Long Live The King Harem (Smaller vitola of the other LLTK)

Check out the other samplers:

https://www.smallbatchcigar.com/small-batch-samplers

5 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Smallbatch Starter Kit (Travel Humidor, Cutter, Lighter) + $50 Surprise pack (Good stuff, not Cigars International inflated MSRP samplers)

https://www.smallbatchcigar.com/small-batch-starter-kit-50-surprise-pack

You don't inhale cigar smoke.  You're also smoking regular tobacco leaves, not a blend of junk...  You do get some of the nicotine, but barely any of the tar and chemicals, etc.

Cigarettes have only about 50% tobacco - the rest is reconstituted tobacco (scraps, leftovers, expired cigarette tobacco, mixed in with chemicals) and reclaimed tobacco...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBAuM1fLKRk

Yuck, freaking disgusting.

.... so what do you do with a cigar? don't yo inhale the smoke? or what's the point?

This looks like the full video.

7 hours ago, Maksim said:

Yuck, freaking disgusting.

.... so what do you do with a cigar? don't yo inhale the smoke? or what's the point?

Nope.  Hold it in your mouth, taste it, exhale.  Retrohale if you can (push some smoke out of your nose) to get additional flavors.

22 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Nope.  Hold it in your mouth, taste it, exhale.  Retrohale if you can (push some smoke out of your nose) to get additional flavors.

Not going to lie, spent a few hours watching Cigar videos and just googling after your posts here. Damn you.

22 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Not going to lie, spent a few hours watching Cigar videos and just googling after your posts here. Damn you.

Getting to sit down for a couple hours and just veg out with a smoke is how I keep my sanity lately

1 hour ago, Tony13 said:

Wow!!! I'd say your a fan.

I've tried some if the Undercrowns. Knowing I like the #9 what would you recommend I try out next?

Undercrown Corona Viva is the best vitola of the Undercrowns - slightly different blend and a lot better of a smoke

Liga Unico serie UF-13, Dirty Rat, Ratzilla, Feral Flying Pig.  They're kinda hard to get but really good.

Foundation Tabernacle is a really good cigar - a lot like the LP9.

5 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Field Supply has some good deals - they use the same warehouse/drop ship as Cigarpage.com

was JUST looking at field Supply.

They are also a new shopping partner with us.... so the forum gets a few cents on the dollar if you buy via our link.

FS-300-250-hunting-boots-1.jpg

Smoked a real nice Jaime Garcia reserva especial ....but lately my real go to is Alec Bradley post embargo lancero....their lancero is limited edition and although they are a thinner band than I prefer, they just taste way better....more wrapper taste im guessing

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, BlueLineFish said:

I just discovered lanceros. The one i tried has become my new favorite cigar

Which one was it?  I've got a bunch of different lanceros - not my favorite vitola but they're definitely delicious.

3 minutes ago, JohnRyan said:

Big fan of the lancero and lonsdale.  I don't like the larger ring gauges, 47 Churchill is about perfect for me.

50/52 RG is about the highest I usually go.  I prefer Corona size vitolas.

The lancero I had was new. It came out last year. One of the best smokes I have ever had. Didn't want it to end. It got great reviews after it debuted. From a small company called Cubariqueno. Two local guys started a company. All their cigar blends come out of the La Zona factory in Nicuaragua. Its called Protocol. They come in other sizes as well. Company also has a cigar called the probable cause and a connecticut wrapper Themis. All are excellent. Distributed locally by Berkley Humidor. You can buy in store or online. All are highly recommended

Thought this might be a good place to ask. A Guy I work for smokes Cohiba BHK 56s and gets them delivered regularly. Problem is they dry out and he doesn't keep up with the humidor "ever" so my question is where can I get a humidor that's basically self operating? Money's not really a problem. I've seen a few on the web that are electronic and look like small wine coolers but have no clue what's good and don't want to pile up a bunch of useless gimmicks. Any insight would be great and if you give the perfect answer you win a box of the dry cigars!!

2 hours ago, JTS1469 said:

Thought this might be a good place to ask. A Guy I work for smokes Cohiba BHK 56s and gets them delivered regularly. Problem is they dry out and he doesn't keep up with the humidor "ever" so my question is where can I get a humidor that's basically self operating? Money's not really a problem. I've seen a few on the web that are electronic and look like small wine coolers but have no clue what's good and don't want to pile up a bunch of useless gimmicks. Any insight would be great and if you give the perfect answer you win a box of the dry cigars!!

Tupperdor.  Basically a sealing tupperware style containers, and Boveda packs - This is the best solution with the least amount of maintenance.

Get this Storage container:

https://smile.amazon.com/Sistema-Collection-Rectangle-Storage-Container/dp/B00284AG5U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1501599742&sr=8-2&keywords=sistema+klip+it

Add a Spanish Cedar Tray (fits perfectly inside) - or just put the whole box of cigars in.

https://smile.amazon.com/Spanish-Cedar-Tray-HUMI-TRAY-Cigar/dp/B00B9234HE/ref=pd_bxgy_79_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1XV9NCXGCPDHX55SS9SG

Throw in at least 2 of these Boveda 65% packs.

https://smile.amazon.com/Boveda-Humidity-Humidors-Humidifier-Dehumidifier/dp/B019Y9OHWE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501599838&sr=8-1&keywords=boveda+65+60+gram

That will hold the tupperware container at 65%'ish humidity and won't dry out the cigars.  When the Bovedas dry out (which will take months) - just replace with the other 2 and buy more.

Also - Where the hell is he getting BHK56's on the regular?!  They're like impossible to get right now.

Yes - you get more flavor from the wrappers with Lanceros.  
I agree.... I have been smoking around 50 - 52 gauge for years and last year tried an Alec Bradley post embargo lancero and was amazed how much more flavor and how it tastes so much better then the same cigar in a thicker gauge with more filler taste. I have since loved lanceros.