TheMan

Any Cigar smokers here?

I ordered 3 sets to try different levels of humidity.The cigars come in every week at least 5 at a time, there's 25 boxes sitting on the counter here and this is only one of the spots there kept so I can say he's not having a hard time getting them. After figuring out the humidity level the oasis system in an actual counter top humidor might be the end answer. 

5 minutes ago, BlueLineFish said:

Seasoning my new NewAir CC-300 400 count cigar humicooler. Can't wait to get it set up. Have to order more cigars to fill it up

I seasoned mine quickly - not much to season really just the shelves.  4 days with a bowl of distilled water and it should be good.

I threw in some humidity beads and a few boveda packs, as well as some sticks.  Gonna check on it tonight but it should be good.

I have two black ice jars in there now. My oasis should be here today. What temp and humidity do you leave it at. It seemed good yesterday so I added a bunch of sticks, about 1/4 of my stock and the humidity dropped 5% so I am waiting to add more. 

what do you guys think of the Drymistat-Humidor humidifier tubes? 

looking to put together a small beginners humidor to hold maybe 20 sticks at a time

I use them with no issues, have to top them off once a month. I like to keep mine between 70% - 72%

2 minutes ago, BlueLineFish said:

Bovedas are great for small humidors. Cheap, easg and work well

The small 8g packs work well for everything - I got a whole bag and scatter 'em around.

60g packs are good for bulk humidification - up to 50 sticks.

I've been pondering getting some of the humongous 320g packs for the NewAir or even my Cooler.

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

Told to wrap in a wet paper towel and nuke for 15-30'seconds. Jus sayen wut I was told

Yeah no.  don't do that.

Gradually bring the humidity level up, or put it in a properly humidified humidor/tupperdor/coolidor/wineador whatever for a couple months to normalize.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, fatty said:

can't wait to smoke the fuente.  I ordered a few from smallbatch and thanks again for the recommendation. 

Edit..  free shipping on everything 

YOu may want to let them rest for a couple weeks after shipping to normalize.  You get crazy temperature fluctuations when shipping...

On 8/4/2017 at 4:04 PM, Krdshrk said:

72 degrees with untreated Cubans can hatch beetles and ruin your entire humidor.

If you are telling me that we are smoking a significant number of beetle eggs and/or larvae, a lot of the appeal of cigar smoking has departed.

27 minutes ago, Handyman said:

If you are telling me that we are smoking a significant number of beetle eggs and/or larvae, a lot of the appeal of cigar smoking has departed.

Tobacco beetles can happen - they're actually more likely with cubans that are untreated - purchased directly from cuba vs exported to a country that you can buy them legally.  I've seen it happen (not in person but in pictures) - the damage can be devastating.  If you're paranoid, you can treat your cigars yourself by freezing them then transferring to the fridge, then back into the humidor (there's a process for it).  I'm not paranoid...  

2 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

YOu may want to let them rest for a couple weeks after shipping to normalize.  You get crazy temperature fluctuations when shipping...

Yup i read that disclaimer on smallbatchcigars.  Ive gotta get my desktop humidor seasoned anyway.  The fuentes will live in a ziplock with a boveda with my tiny stash until everything's set up

my tupperdor is running hot...even with the AC running it's at around 79-80 degrees but the RH is stable at 63-64

is my only option to freeze my tiny stash to prevent beetles?  should I really be worried?

45 minutes ago, fatty said:

my tupperdor is running hot...even with the AC running it's at around 79-80 degrees but the RH is stable at 63-64

is my only option to freeze my tiny stash to prevent beetles?  should I really be worried?

If they haven't hatched yet you're fine.