TheMan

Any Cigar smokers here?

Nick what temp do you regulate your tupperdor/coolidor to and how to keep them in a safe range?

The central AC in my house sucks and I can't seem to get temps below 79....  

This also boggles my mind because all those cigar factories in the central america must be crazy hot all the time...  I'm sure those guys aren't storing in controlled environments.  How do people in those places prevent beetles?  By freezing?

Man this is complicated

Tobacco beetles can happen - they're actually more likely with cubans that are untreated - purchased directly from cuba vs exported to a country that you can buy them legally.  I've seen it happen (not in person but in pictures) - the damage can be devastating.  If you're paranoid, you can treat your cigars yourself by freezing them then transferring to the fridge, then back into the humidor (there's a process for it).  I'm not paranoid...  
I have several for many years in my humidor at 70%-72% with no problems at all. I will however drop the humidity a bit to give it a try and see if I like it better.

nice!  I actually just smoked a monte christo right before the mayweather/mcgregor fight

I agree on them being overrated too.  I'm still a noob but Im really liking full bodied cigars coming out of Nicaragua.  Particularly those Surrogates Cracker Crumbs/Animal crackers

3 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

Picked these up (Open Eagles) at Dubai airport on way home. I'm thinking a trip to Cuba may be cool for stocking up on rum and cigars.

55a25a0cda8a7460aaa5766eebad3fd4.jpg

Did you check the bar code to make sure they're legit?  Just checking :)

2 hours ago, fatty said:

nice!  I actually just smoked a monte christo right before the mayweather/mcgregor fight

I agree on them being overrated too.  I'm still a noob but Im really liking full bodied cigars coming out of Nicaragua.  Particularly those Surrogates Cracker Crumbs/Animal crackers

Cubans have their own niche - I do enjoy some.  Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 2 is my current favorite Cuban.

I do prefer Nicaraguan cigars - I smoke a lot of them.  Drew Estate, Foundation, Padron, Oliva, Tatuaje, etc.

45 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Did you check the bar code to make sure they're legit?  Just checking :)

Cubans have their own niche - I do enjoy some.  Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 2 is my current favorite Cuban.

I do prefer Nicaraguan cigars - I smoke a lot of them.  Drew Estate, Foundation, Padron, Oliva, Tatuaje, etc.

Barcode checked out.  Whew!

Yes, I'm sure Cuban cigars are just a cachet thing nowadays (like Johnny Walker Blue) but cool to have.

15 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

Barcode checked out.  Whew!

Yes, I'm sure Cuban cigars are just a cachet thing nowadays (like Johnny Walker Blue) but cool to have.

Good - Don't want you smoking who knows what!

Hey - I like Johnny Blue... and Cubans..