TheMan

Any Cigar smokers here?

35 minutes ago, siderman said:

Quandary......got a Very nice assortment of cigars on Fathers day. But...my daughter told me i cant smoke one of them , its a "collector" and cost too much ! WTF?  First I'm pissed that the guy would sell it to her with that stipulation and that she paid that, now, well.....So its a Padron 1926 series 80 anniversery. maybe a $35 stick, a little out of my league lol. Guess all I can do is save it for a special occasion like her wedding if ever. 

Take the band off and stick it on some other cheap cigar. Smoke the ‘26. Just do it when you can sit down and enjoy it. 

48 minutes ago, siderman said:

Quandary......got a Very nice assortment of cigars on Fathers day. But...my daughter told me i cant smoke one of them , its a "collector" and cost too much ! WTF?  First I'm pissed that the guy would sell it to her with that stipulation and that she paid that, now, well.....So its a Padron 1926 series 80 anniversery. maybe a $35 stick, a little out of my league lol. Guess all I can do is save it for a special occasion like her wedding if ever. 

Give it to ME & I'll smoke it FOR YOU & tell you how it tasted so that way you won't be in such a quandary :) 

Seriously though, take her to the range & smoke it there so she can get a whiff of her present to YOU.  It will be a lasting memory, treasured for all time; one that she'll repeat long after you're gone to the Hereafter.  And she'll get to see how much you enjoyed it :) 

Two Octobers ago I had the pleasure of buying 3 boxes of fine cigars for my son's wedding.  I got to smoke half of mine before being pulled back into the reception.  I assure you you'll enjoy the Padron more with her not being distracted trying to hug every wedding guest.......

Rosey

2 hours ago, siderman said:

It's not really that limited.  I have some Padron 80th and while it's pricey, it's not a limited run cigar.

It is, however an Excellent cigar and one that should be saved for a special occasion.

15 minutes ago, Junior said:

How long do you keep cigars in the humidor? I guess under the right conditions they’ll last a while but mine is so small I only keep enough to last 2-3 weeks

Nick has some great advice & pix to go along with it, as I've seen them before!  This time of the year you can grow mold if the temp is too high.  Tupperware is a great storage device. :) @Krdshrk

2 hours ago, Junior said:

How long do you keep cigars in the humidor? I guess under the right conditions they’ll last a while but mine is so small I only keep enough to last 2-3 weeks

Years.  If the humidor is maintained and kept in a relatively cool environment, you're good.  70 degrees is about the sweet spot - any hotter and you run the risk of tobacco beetles hatching.  I have a Cigar Cooler (wineador) that's kept at 65 Degrees, and 65-70% humidity depending on the location in the humidor.  Summertime, I move the majority of my collection to the basement, which is at about 70 degrees... in tupperdors and a Coleman cooler.

Aging cigars can definitely let the flavors develop and mature, and can make cigars even better.

• Like 1

@Krdshrk:

FYI - As per your suggestion, I have tried out purchasing some cigars from an online retailer:
Small Batch Cigar  (www.smallbatchcigar.com)

My latest purchase is a Pack of 5 of Liga Privada No. 9 Toro Tubo

Which, with my occasional consumption and enjoyment should last me the rest of the summer....
Thanks again for steering me to that venue since it really does help save money on the higher end cigars.

AVB-AMG

• Like 1

a lot of us owe Nick for sharing his knowledge on cigars - myself included 

small batch cigars has always been great for me and their daily promotions only make it that much better to try out new cigars/companies

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVB-AMG said:

@Krdshrk:

FYI - As per your suggestion, I have tried out purchasing some cigars from an online retailer:
Small Batch Cigar  (www.smallbatchcigar.com)

My latest purchase is a Pack of 5 of Liga Privada No. 9 Toro Tubo

Which, with my occasional consumption and enjoyment should last me the rest of the summer....
Thanks again for steering me to that venue since it really does help save money on the higher end cigars.

AVB-AMG

Make sure you take the caps off the tubos when you store 'em in the humidor - keeping it on can actually promote mold.

SmallBatch has great deals, always ships fast, and always has a Boveda.  

Some days you just gotta have a cigar while shooting.

• Like 2

looks like i am turning into a cigar guy

i went to St. Maarten and had some Cohibas and now i have the kick! I went to a place in Bayonne and had them give me a few to try out and i just placed an order with JR Cigars(which is right by my house)

When are we doing another cigar get together? I am interested to see what kind of cutters, lighters and ashtrays you all use

Also looking to set myself up with one of the tupperware humidors with the Boveda packs

Sistema Klip It - $13.99

https://smile.amazon.com/Sistema-1870-Collection-Rectangle-Container/dp/B00284AG5U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1534786372&sr=8-2&keywords=sistema+klip+it

Boveda 65% - https://smile.amazon.com/Boveda-Humidity-Humidors-Humidifier-Dehumidifier/dp/B077KVC1VY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1534786412&sr=8-3&keywords=boveda+65

If you really want you can use these Cedar Trays for organization.  I personally don't as they take up space.

https://smile.amazon.com/Spanish-Cedar-Tray-Adjustable-Importers/dp/B00B9234HE/

I think I may call a Shotgun Shootout this weekend - not sure.  But definitely will be cigars there :D

• Like 1

Sistema Klip It - $13.99
https://smile.amazon.com/Sistema-1870-Collection-Rectangle-Container/dp/B00284AG5U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1534786372&sr=8-2&keywords=sistema+klip+it
Boveda 65% - https://smile.amazon.com/Boveda-Humidity-Humidors-Humidifier-Dehumidifier/dp/B077KVC1VY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1534786412&sr=8-3&keywords=boveda+65
If you really want you can use these Cedar Trays for organization.  I personally don't as they take up space.
https://smile.amazon.com/Spanish-Cedar-Tray-Adjustable-Importers/dp/B00B9234HE/
I think I may call a Shotgun Shootout this weekend - not sure.  But definitely will be cigars there [emoji3]
I really based most of my selection off the reviews, best sellers and wrappers I found cool 39598c49eb191ba803c2e0b8659ba9fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Purple Patrick said:

I really based most of my selection off the reviews, best sellers and wrappers I found cool 39598c49eb191ba803c2e0b8659ba9fb.jpg

Some good some meh.  Not sure what the slaughterhouse sampler is.  Not a big fan of Asylum.  I prefer smaller ring gauges.

Swamp Thang and Kentucky Fire Cured are good... If you like the smokey bbq flavors.  I have tons of those.

I'm gonna hook you up with a bunch of good stuff the next time we meet up.  Expand your horizons.

Some good some meh.  Not sure what the slaughterhouse sampler is.  Not a big fan of Asylum.  I prefer smaller ring gauges.
Swamp Thang and Kentucky Fire Cured are good... If you like the smokey bbq flavors.  I have tons of those.
I'm gonna hook you up with a bunch of good stuff the next time we meet up.  Expand your horizons.
I stopped by Berkeley humidors off BLF's recommendation, I've been there a ton of times but never knew they had a cigar room.

I like the asylum packaging and bought it as such admittedly. The sampler I got is there normal size stuff I believe but the one today was a little large and in charge

1ccef9fe6cff7b026d7bf213aa24236c.jpg

Warped El Oso is a great choice.  Glad you're hitting the Boutique blends.  I've got a ton of Warped.  
I feel like I'm a sucker going off the online reviews, specifically for the boutique blends.

I had the one KFC and it was better then I expected. The wrap was looser and smelt a little funny but burnt well and had a solid taste

Swamp Thang or Flor de las Antillas.  Undercrown is good, MF El Centurion H-2K-CT is good, CAO Consigliere is good.  

I like to give my cigars 2 weeks to normalize after shipping though.  JR ships unhumidified, and summer shipping temps fluctuate like crazy.  Can definitely affect the taste.

Swamp Thang or Flor de las Antillas.  Undercrown is good, MF El Centurion H-2K-CT is good, CAO Consigliere is good.  
I like to give my cigars 2 weeks to normalize after shipping though.  JR ships unhumidified, and summer shipping temps fluctuate like crazy.  Can definitely affect the taste.
They gave me them sealed in bags with boveda packs, still let them chill?

If you wanna smoke, go ahead.  ROTT (Right off the truck) it may not be as good as rested.  Even if they were in bags with bovedas, the temps still fluctuated.  

https://www.smallbatchcigar.com/how-does-shipping-affect-cigars-temperature-humidity-and-you

hit me up for discount codes to sites and stuff...  

• Like 1

I personally prefer skinnier ring gauge cigars.  Under 50RG.  Drew Estate has the Liga 9/T52/Undercrown/UC Shade Coronets - cigarillos.  Great 30 minute smoke for the car ride.

Last night's stick:  Brand new Warped Serie Gran Reserva 1988: