dutch

GOD BLESS AMERICA - BUY AMERICAN

BLAH GLOCK BLAH GLOCK BLAH GLOCK.  I am 45 yrs old and I am so disgusted with the almost complete disappearance of American pride thru manufacturing and industry.  We gave it all away to countries 4,000 -8,000 miles away, and I'm pretty sure the middle class is slowly disappearing.  Because that's my class, and I am barely scraping by (thanks NJ!!!).

Anyway, look. I know GLOCKS are infallible.  But only a handful are made in America.  I want my money to support an AMERICAN company that operates on American soil, soil our armed forces protect so I can exercise my rights.

I tried a Kimber at Heritage Guild, Easton.  .45cal, 1911.  Out of 7 guns that day, including a Berretta, GLOCK .40, Sig P226 the KIMBER was a Cadillac among it's AUDI< BMW< MERCEDES counterparts.  It felt REAL, REAL, good. Perfect balance.

I want one.  SO the question I have:  What's your experience with other AMERICAN made .45's because I am buying soon, but as you know, KIMBER aint cheap.

Be safe, have fun

DUTCH

My Colt rattles in a way that would make most Kimber fanboys call customer service. That being said, my Colt is not only beautiful, but it is 100% reliable and functional. I trust it as much as I do my Glock 21. The Glock stays bedside because 13+1 and a rail trumps 7+1 sans rail for me.

As for the American made thing, American companies gave up on the American consumer first.

BLAH GLOCK BLAH GLOCK BLAH GLOCK.  I am 45 yrs old and I am so disgusted with the almost complete disappearance of American pride thru manufacturing and industry.  We gave it all away to countries 4,000 -8,000 miles away, and I'm pretty sure the middle class is slowly disappearing.  Because that's my class, and I am barely scraping by (thanks NJ!!!).

Anyway, look. I know GLOCKS are infallible.  But only a handful are made in America.  I want my money to support an AMERICAN company that operates on American soil, soil our armed forces protect so I can exercise my rights.

I tried a Kimber at Heritage Guild, Easton.  .45cal, 1911.  Out of 7 guns that day, including a Berretta, GLOCK .40, Sig P226 the KIMBER was a Cadillac among it's AUDI< BMW< MERCEDES counterparts.  It felt REAL, REAL, good. Perfect balance.

I want one.  SO the question I have:  What's your experience with other AMERICAN made .45's because I am buying soon, but as you know, KIMBER aint cheap.

Be safe, have fun

DUTCH

I just bought the Para Ordinance "Expert" 1911.  Haven't had a chance to "baptize" it yet, but I'l let ya know... :D

Colt.  Expensive, Yes. Works, Yes. Sell it for what you paid for it, Yes.  But, why would you want to?

Colt Gold Cup Stainless Model O5070X ordered online at Gun Genie and pick it up at Jim Flynns down Route 31 from you.

Quest over.

There's always Springfield Armory though their XD line of guns are made in Croatia. Which is more American: A Springfield made in Croatia or a Glock made in Georgia?

Ty hits the nail on the head. Glock has a production facility in Georgia. Does't get much more american than that.

As to your question, one of the very best 1911's you can buy under $2000 is an STI. They are made in Texas.

My Colt rattles in a way that would make most Number fanboys call customer service. That being said, my Colt is not only beautiful, but it is 100% reliable and functional. I trust it as much as I do my Glock 21. The Glock stays bedside because 13+1 and a rail trumps 7+1 sans rail for me.

As for the American made thing, American companies gave up on the American consumer first.

Same here! I can make my colt chatter from side to side but I've NEVER had an issue.

You can always get a Hi-Point

Thank you very much to all, even got a chuckle out of some of the comments, good way to start the day. i like this STI idea.... 

There's always Springfield Armory though their XD line of guns are made in Croatia. Which is more American: A Springfield made in Croatia or a Glock made in Georgia?

intriguing question.... and man oh man them XD's are purdy

thanks again, buy american!!

Ty hits the nail on the head. Glock has a production facility in Georgia. Does't get much more american than that.

As to your question, one of the very best 1911's you can buy under $2000 is an STI. They are made in Texas.

But I was under the impression that STI still uses a Amscore/Rock Island frame made in the Philippines.

My Colt rattles in a way that would make most Kimber fanboys call customer service. That being said, my Colt is not only beautiful, but it is 100% reliable and functional. I trust it as much as I do my Glock 21. The Glock stays bedside because 13+1 and a rail trumps 7+1 sans rail for me.

yes, well said. and I am now fully understanding the importance of the 'rail, 13+1' features. Didn't consider the mag capacity. thank you.

But I was under the impression that STI still uses a Amscore/Rock Island frame made in the Philippines.

The Armscorp ones are only the Spartan models. Trojan and up are all made in Texas.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

yes, well said. and I am now fully understanding the importance of the 'rail, 13+1' features. Didn't consider the mag capacity. thank you.

STI make 2011 pistols which are a double stack version of a 1911.

The Armscorp ones are only the Spartan models. Trojan and up are all made in Texas.

Thank you ...not that I'm in the market for a $1800.00+ gun but good to know .

There was a time when that could be said about many products. Would be nice if we could keep what we still have.

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!  then we could have a prosperous middle class again.

There was a time when that could be said about many products. Would be nice if we could keep what we still have.

Yeah, because gun ownership is on the rise in the world and there are no firearm importation shenanigans in the US law systems.  Thats probably one of the last manufacturing things to go away, if that goes away, there are zombies eating our heads.

fnx 45 made in south carolina i think, not a 1911 but its a hi cap 45 that's been reliable.

+1, right around the corner from me!  Rumor has it they may also have something to do with the PSA 1911s....:D

Don't forget Ruger and S&Ws!

That said I still love my Kimber the MOST.