Howard

My baby looks like a dog :(

Well Sasha is five months old now and no longer looks like a puppy, she looks like a miniature dog.  I don't think she is going to grow much more either, which means we will have a very strange pair of Huskies.  Roxy is around the 100% percentile in height and weight, and Sasha is going to be around the 1% point.

14482232563_d7c93cb326_b_d.jpg

Why don't you think she will grow anymore? At only 5 months she should grow for another year or so. My female German Shepherd just turned 7 months and looks bigger every week. A couple weeks ago she was already 65 pounds but by the looks of her legs and paws she has a ways to go. Beautiful looking girl you have there.

Why don't you think she will grow anymore? At only 5 months she should grow for another year or so. My female German Shepherd just turned 7 months and looks bigger every week. A couple weeks ago she was already 65 pounds but by the looks of her legs and paws she has a ways to go. Beautiful looking girl you have there.

Hey johnny do you mind if i ask how many cups a day your feeding your pup.

Hey johnny do you mind if i ask how many cups a day your feeding your pup.

I feed her dry food and usually mix in some chicken or beef twice a day. I don't feed her too much by any means and she is certainly no glutton. SHe is very active walking several miles a day with plenty of running around time with other dogs She was one of 2 in her litter and was 1 lb 15 oz. at birth. Between that and never having to compete for milk as a little pup she has always been on the high end as her size goes. Her mom (3) is about 75 and father (4) is around 105. Vet thinks she will be somewhere around 85lbs. She has been taller than her mom at the shoulders for over a month now.

I looked at your other recent pics and her growth plates do not look closed yet  , they still look pretty knobby.  What is the standard for Huskies? It is somewhere around 45 or 50 pounds for bitches , right? 

My German Shepherd is about 85 pounds at 15 months..he should fill out untilabout 2 1/2. He is German lines and they tend mature a bit slower. He was about 35 pounds at 5 months lol  They do usually stick within the parents size range for the breed . Have no idea about Alvin's Sire and Dam though.

Sasha is gorgeous .  I'll have to stop by and say hello next time I run into you. I meant to text you on my way out yesterday but never got to it .

The mother was really small.  When we got her the mother did not look all that much bigger than her, and she has grown.  She was 33 pounds at her last vet visit.  Typically the females are around 40 pounds or so, Huskies are actually medium size dogs.  Since the parents were 42 and 48 pounds I don't expect her to be more than about 45.  Further I expect a lot of that weight to be the in the form of filling out rather than growing in size, but I could be wrong.  My other female is very large at 70+ pounds.  We had another female and she was only around 40 pounds, but she was thin and much larger than Sasha.  I guess we will have to wait and see.  It will be funny if she turns out to be a shrimp next to Roxy who is a giant.

Alvin is a good looking dog, but I really think you need to trade-in that new SUV for a full size van to cart him around - he looks very cramped in the back :)

This shot was from about three weeks ago where you can compare size:

14282534436_14844c656a_c_d.jpg

Here is one of Roxy from yesterday:

14459877411_b6698a3ffe_c_d.jpg

and here are two more of Sasha:

14276778347_fcc68e9a28_c_d.jpg

14276779107_e7056d4ffe_c_d.jpg

You got a mini-huskie!  There are runts in every litter - sometimes it's just the gene pool lining up in the kiddie pool instead of in the adult pool.  Nothing you can do.

Yea, we call her a mini-huskie.  But she was not the runt of the litter.  There were six of them and they were all about the same size.  She is probably the sweetest one we have ever had and she and Roxy have turned out to be best friends.  They do love to run, but we have a good size yard and you probably noted the box on her neck which is for the electric fence.  She went through twice in the first day when we trained her on it and has not even though of trying again.

And yeah , should have bought another Pilot. Oh well. The crate that barely fits in the back of the Lincoln is 24 " tall , Alvin is 27 " tall. If he had not eaten the back seat belts in the last car I would Give him free reign back there lol Maybe when he gets a little older.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk