Tallday

Call Gov. Christie to VETO A2006/S993 @ 609-292-6000

What suprised me is she asked to clarify my position as if she wanted to be sure she was recording it correctly. I was expecting more of a "kthxbai" type response by now.

Yes.... I did....

Rude and uncalled for....

It was neither rude nor uncalled for. It's called HUMOR. Nothing worse than you'd hear on the Tonight Show.

Too bad for people with no sense of humor.

Hey why don't you give me a second strike? Or did you?

this has gone far closer to the wire than I expected.. 

Well, either he's waiting until the legislature goes on vacation for the 4th of July to veto, or he's going to let it lapse and pass automatically. I would have thought that if he wanted to "sign into law," he'd have done it by now. I can't believe he hasn't made a decision yet... What, is he still waiting on the "best deal possible?" I also wonder if he's thinking that if he lets it "lapse into law" it won't have the same political effects as if he actively "signs into law..."

Not from my perspective.... :mad:

this has gone far closer to the wire than I expected.. 

i disagree..  i expected nothing less.  He will not show his cards too early..  longer it goes on, the less people remember it.. news faded with time.  if he vetoed it right away, the Dems would have been all over it..  wait a while, let it fade, and while the pro 2A people are paying attention, everyone else is gone on to something else at this time.  then he vetoes it, and the pro 2A people applaud the veto, and it causes a minor stir with the anti;s (who expect him to veto it anyway)..

at least, thats how i see it..

i disagree..  i expected nothing less.  He will not show his cards too early..  longer it goes on, the less people remember it.. news faded with time.  if he vetoed it right away, the Dems would have been all over it..  wait a while, let it fade, and while the pro 2A people are paying attention, everyone else is gone on to something else at this time.  then he vetoes it, and the pro 2A people applaud the veto, and it causes a minor stir with the anti;s (who expect him to veto it anyway)..

at least, thats how i see it..

Let us all truly hope that's how *he* sees it.... :)

Christie is anything but a man of inaction. Everything he does is calculated. If he hasnt vetoed it yet, its been for a reason.

On the flip side: if he hasn't signed it yet it us for a reason.

My opinion is there is more to be gained from waiting and veto vs waiting and sign. If was truly for this, he could sign right away and take advantage of existing wave of media attention. Waiting to veto lets this wave subside before he acts.

If he vetos it, can he do it on the 4th?  OR will that be after the time limit?

Well, either he's waiting until the legislature goes on vacation for the 4th of July to veto, or he's going to let it lapse and pass automatically. I would have thought that if he wanted to "sign into law," he'd have done it by now. I can't believe he hasn't made a decision yet... What, is he still waiting on the "best deal possible?" I also wonder if he's thinking that if he lets it "lapse into law" it won't have the same political effects as if he actively "signs into law..."

Not from my perspective.... :mad:

It's budget time. Sitting on it keeps it from becoming a negotiating point with budget issues? Then you get to bury any feigned outrage from the Ds in the holiday weekend.

That's the theory anyway.