Tallday

Call Gov. Christie to VETO A2006/S993 @ 609-292-6000

It's budget time. Sitting on it keeps it from becoming a negotiating point with budget issues? Then you get to bury any feigned outrage from the Ds in the holiday weekend.

That's the theory anyway.

Well, the fiscal year begins 07/01, I believe. That's cutting it real close.....  :facepalm:

Christie is anything but a man of inaction.  Everything he does is calculated.  If he hasnt vetoed it yet, its been for a reason. 

July 3rd VETO! He'll do it late in the day as no one will be reading or listening to the news for several days. By Monday it will be no big deal because many people will be on vacation. I believe almost 100% he will veto.

Bottom Line.

A. We are emasculated by radical left wingers in the Halls of power and control in this little island from the USA.

B. Which in turn are pressing 'forward' with their strategy of incrementalism and chip away of whatever it is they the few dont like.

C. They the agenda driven radical liberals at the core of this, want to heavily EXPORT these ideas to neighboring states and what Perfect spingboard is there, then NJ?

So veto this phone calls that Christie that this or not. You will see 10-7-5-1-0 round mags. Keyword: Eventually.

Not that is matters but remember last year when he vetoed the other BS legislation it was going into a Holiday weekend and he caught some flak for it. The Dems were pissed because they knew everyone was making a B-line out of town for the Holiday so they (Dems) couldn’t beat the drum in the press or on  nj.com that CC vetoed the much needed gun legislation. That’s how relevant and these bills are and the Dems themselves are for that matter. So according to Dems mindset the only issues that matter are the ones that they could inflate while the real issues impacting the state & residents get no attention and sidelined  

Just called and confused the heck out the woman by asking to have him veto the gun bills AND the demotards budget bill.  She actually asked me a few questions and repeated what I want and I believe actually wrote stuff down - so keep calling.

As for when he does it, well he already said he intends to veto the budget, so he should probably veto them all together as much of the press will be on the budget and the gun issue might just get burried.  4:01pm today would be a great time to do it after the market closes and people are heading out.

I have a feeling Christie is going to let this lapse into law as part of a deal with that huge block head "Shrek" Sweeney.   Christie is in very bad shape right now, he's screwed the budget up horribly and will need Sweeney's help to bail himself out. 

I have a feeling Christie is going to let this lapse into law as part of a deal with that huge block head "Shrek" Sweeney.   Christie is in very bad shape right now, he's screwed the budget up horribly and will need Sweeney's help to bail himself out. 

Two separate issues. NJ Budget battles are nothing new, they are a yearly occurrence that have been going on for decades. CC has the upper hand because of the line item veto which is a very powerful tool.  Sweeney could propose anything he but the Gov has the pen to strip it out. As far as the mag ban I agree is he is cutting it close so we will just have to wait and see...

Two separate issues. NJ Budget battles are nothing new, they are a yearly occurrence that have been going on for decades. CC has the upper hand because of the line item veto which is a very powerful tool.  Sweeney could propose anything he but the Gov has the pen to strip it out. As far as the mag ban I agree is he is cutting it close so we will just have to wait and see...

No, they are not two separate issues.  When political deal making is taken into consideration anything is part of the process.  You really think it's out of bounds for Chrsitie to ask for Shrek's help on something and in exchange let Sweeney's baby bill lapse into law?  If so you are woefully out of touch.  Just look at how Christie completely caved on the Supreme court nominee's - He put liberals right back in, he gave up on reforming the SC, ever wonder why? 

No, they are not two separate issues.  When political deal making is taken into consideration anything is part of the process.  You really think it's out of bounds for Chrsitie to ask for Shrek's help on something and in exchange let Sweeney's baby bill lapse into law?  If so you are woefully out of touch.  Just look at how Christie completely caved on the Supreme court nominee's - He put liberals right back in, he gave up on reforming the SC, ever wonder why? 

Budget battles and posturing from both side are a long standing tradition here in NJ. The only difference between CC and his predecessors is that CC has a sharper pencil. If you are trying to spin this into something more scandalous than it is that’s your call. For myself I would need to see the motive and what’s actually on the back-end of "the deal" for CC before I gave your theory any credibly.  What’s going to happen if they don’t reach a budget deal?  State Gov shuts down, Corzine already accomplished that one and we’re are still here. So unless you could prove otherwise the only common denominator these two issues share is the timeline. I’m not interested in speculation or past supreme court nominees, I’m only interested in the desired outcome.

Budget battles and posturing from both side are a long standing tradition here in NJ. The only difference between CC and his predecessors is that CC has a sharper pencil. If you are trying to spin this into something more scandalous than it is that’s your call. For myself I would need to see the motive and what’s actually on the back-end of "the deal" for CC before I gave your theory any credibly.  What’s going to happen if they don’t reach a budget deal?  State Gov shuts down, Corzine already accomplished that one and we’re are still here. So unless you could prove otherwise the only common denominator these two issues share is the timeline. I’m not interested in speculation or past supreme court nominees, I’m only interested in the desired outcome.

I wish I shared your blissfully hopeful and "innocent" view.   I guess we will see what happens in a few days.  

Lets say the bill does lapse into law, what will your stance be then?  Oh well, the governor was really busy and must have forgotten?  

NJ2AS Vice President Alexander Roubian took a stand for New Jersey citizens and delivered thousands of petitions to Governor Christie's office and demanded answers on why we are being ignored.

anybody know where people signed these petitions? i never knew nj2as had a petition going around.

I don't care for their example of how they think the law should be written in that petition.

They are recommending a mandatory 1 year sentence for each round greater than 10 in the commission of the crime.

Since every gun related charge in NJ is a crime (felony), that will only force additional prison time for legal gun owners who got snared by NJ's confusing laws.

The mandatory 1 year sentence would not apply to actual criminals since they will plea down in exchange for turning state's evidence and they'll be out the revolving door and back on the street by the next morning.

I wish I shared your blissfully hopeful and "innocent" view.   I guess we will see what happens in a few days.  

Lets say the bill does lapse into law, what will your stance be then?  Oh well, the governor was really busy and must have forgotten?  

To answer your question my “stance” is the same, Pro 2A.  And if he throws us under the bus, as it almost sounds like you want to happen we will have plenty of time to explore it then.

In the meantime the budget got signed into law and it was pretty much what was expected. So if there was a "deal" buried in there as you suggested now would be a good time to inform us about it.

Don't know about you guys, but I've started shopping for 10-round mags. 

If the underling in the video was truthful and not just spouting officialeze, the Governor is still considering this legislation.

If he's still considering it he will either sign these bills or, to spite us, not do anything and they become law in six days.

Regardless, even if he vetoes them the same laws (or worse) will the first order of business once the next Democrat is sworn in as governor.

Don't know about you guys, but I've started shopping for 10-round mags. 

If the underling in the video was truthful and not just spouting officialeze, the Governor is still considering this legislation.

If he's still considering it he will either sign these bills or, to spite us, not do anything and they become law in six days.

Regardless, even if he vetoes them the same laws (or worse) will the first order of business once the next Democrat is sworn in as governor.

i think its more so that he wont say either way. Hes not going to say dont worry ill veto them or no im going to sign it. if hes going to veto it, hes going to wait until the last minute to veto it with the 4th of July weekend nobody will remember by Monday. either way did you make your phone calls and emails to his office today?  609-292-6000

Actually there may be a lot more time than most think. The clock is 45 days while the legislature is in session. While they are not in session the clock either pauses or he has till they come back in session.