Sign in to follow this  
DeletePLS

22lr 5c shipped

its fine if you have a revolver or bolt action, but ive heard an inordinate amount of people complain about how bad it shoots in their SA's.. i have enough good stuff that i dont need to but the crap stuff, even if its a decent price..  (as i said, others who dont have enough/any can take advantage of this)

Just ordered, thanks for the heads up I have less than 1k left and I been shooting a lot of steel matches with my 22.

Golden bullet is all I ever used in my Sig 1911/22 and it works great.

Forgot to mention,,, I almost busted my ass running for my wallet to hurry up and order.

Got the free in store pick up in DE too, always need an excuse to go there...

its fine if you have a revolver or bolt action, but ive heard an inordinate amount of people complain about how bad it shoots in their SA's.. i have enough good stuff that i dont need to but the crap stuff, even if its a decent price..  (as i said, others who dont have enough/any can take advantage of this)

It actually shoots fine in my Ruger SR22, but that gun eats anything.

Have you ever shot any or just heard about it?

Anyway it shoots fine on my WP22 and Rugger 10/22  and I've shot thousands of them.

This stuff shoots all over the place in my 10/22.  Shoots okay in my colt woodsman.  Won't autoload in my Beretta DA.   But the price is right, it will keep me from burning the good stuff.

Thanks for the link, I just got one too.  Still showing in stock 4 1/2 hours later.

Have you ever shot any or just heard about it?

Anyway it shoots fine on my WP22 and Rugger 10/22  and I've shot thousands of them.

nope, never shot it.  never said i did..  but a lot of trusted people i know who have shot with it wouldnt buy it..   but if it works for peoples guns, then great..  i dont personally need to buy any more 22 at this time, so i can wait to be picky with brands that i KNOW work in the guns i currently have

You were so specific on the types of gun it works that I thought you had extensive first hand experience using it.

My bad.

nah, just types that dont have to be cycled..  as i said, if it works in your gun (and by "your", i mean in general), then by all means!   many need 22 way more than i do..

Golden Bullet is not that bad as 22LR goes, it's Remington's Thunderbolt (AKA Thunderturd) that is a complete disaster.  Avoid that like the clap.

If you can believe it, Thunderbolt screws up my S&W 617 revolver. The amount of leading in the barrel was unreal. The gun started shooting weird after two cylinders (20 rounds). By the 3rd or 4th cylinder I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. When I took it home I removed the equivalent of one third of a bullet worth of lead. I'm lucky the damned thing didn't blow up on me.

My box of Golden Bullets arrived yesterday.  Never shot this ammo before, but I've heard numerous times that it was inferior.  Shot 60 rounds with my Ruger MkIII without a problem.  The only thing I noticed was my hands had gold specks all over from loading the magazines and it seemed quite smokey. Thanks for posting the link.