deerpark

Please post pics of your muzzle brakes.

Agreed, performance of the comp is more important to me than how it looks (unless, of course, the bloody crush washer is .5mm off center, THEN there is a freaking crisis!! LOL).

I have a lot of experience with the EGW A2 comps. I have them on 3 of my AR's. They control the muzzle well, are relatively quiet compared to many brake/comps out there, and are fairly inexpensive. About $60.

I just had a Battle Comp 1.0 installed on one of my Colt 6940's. I only have a few rounds downrange with it, so more testing on my part is required, but it keeps the muzzle very flat. I don't think it is louder than the EGW comps, but I only brought the one rifle to the range that day, and couldn't do a side by side comparison of the two.

They are $150.

I have used a few others, the Cooley Comp for one, is LOUD!!!! I could feel the concussion through my chest when shooting it, and found it very annoying. Replaced it as soon as possible!

I don't know where you are located, but you are welcome to try out the EGW and the Battle Comp on my carbines to get an idea of what they are like.

What do pictures have to do with choosing a muzzle device?

Shouldn't you be more concerned with how they function, how well they tame recoil, how flat they keep the muzzle and how "blasty" they are? Who cares what it looks like. It's how it subjectively makes the carbine shoot that's important.

Maybe he cares more about looks. Not saying I agree, just saying looks are probably important to him.

Truth, I'm focusing on appearance.  The AR doesnt have that much recoil or rise to being with and I'm not going to be shooting competitively.

H.E., you actually use guns in real life, so your perspective is operational. The majority of dudes, not so much

Deerpark, I commend you on your honesty, both with us and yourself.

90% of AR operators users shooters owners are coming from the same place as you but swear they are strictly about the functionality.