Shane45

HK VP9

Had hands on the HK VP9 today. First impressions: Recent comments on the internet about how its a striker fired P30 seems accurate to me. With that being said the rear of the grip above the web of your hand felt very much like the older USP to me. My impressions of the trigger. It felt like your typical SF trigger to me. Since its getting compared to the PPQ I will use that pistol as a reference. Without having a PPQ on hand for a side by side I am going from memory, I think the PPQ felt a bit lighter to me. I also believe the reset was shorter on the PPQ. I did like the shape of the trigger on the VP9, having less curve compared to the P30. For those familiar with HK I found the reset of the VP9 to be shorter than the P30 but not as short as an HK45c. Here is a pic of the VP9 and another toy on hand :)

vp9.jpg

mp7.jpg

Looks like a PPQ clone :)

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not a fan of the AK style take down lever though. I've read you can change out the side panels on the grip for a more custom fit. Might be better for people with bigger hands. The PPQ has a high bore axis resulting in more muzzle flip. I'm about to look into this to see if HK addressed that prior ro cloning the PPQ. :p

Well I just had my hands on one and its nice, and price was $769. Didn't buy, will probably wait on another permit and let this one die. In my opinion since I have HK P30 and a PPQ is that the VP9 is a step up from the P30 in regards to the trigger, Without having them side by side w/ PPQ I couldn't give a definitive answer. They did have a PPQ but I didn't think to try it, since they were closing within 10 min of me arriving. I might go back on Monday and compare again with more time.

Not too far off of (Suggested retail price of the VP9 is $719 with projected availability of July 2014.) as long as dealer is not gouging and has a good tier pricing.....

Check out this bang switch article about the vp9 pretty good. I'd like to know were he gets the street price of 650.00!
http://www.thebangswitch.com/first-impressions-hk-vp9/

If someone has it for 650.00 pm me...

http://crosscreekguns.com/index.html

New Model: H&K VP9, 9mm, striker fired, luminescent fixed sights, sideplates/backstraps, ambidextrous slide and magazine releases. Uses standard P30 magazines.

#700009-A5 (2-10rd mags) or M700009-A5 (2-15rd mags): $594.00 + $5.50 shipping.

#M700009LE-A5: (factory tritium night sights and 3-15rd mags) $663.50 + $5.50 shipping