Shane45

HK VP9

So I too don't get the slide release on the right side. On the left side the mechanism is small and very near the rear. When you look at the right side you see that it looks like it's a hinge to rotate a mechanism several inches forward. Why wouldn't both releases be near the rear?

So I too don't get the slide release on the right side. On the left side the mechanism is small and very near the rear. When you look at the right side you see that it looks like it's a hinge to rotate a mechanism several inches forward. Why wouldn't both releases be near the rear?

Agreed...to me the pistol should have uniform mechanics.

I'm not a lefty, but maybe H&K tested it and lefties prefer it that way? Can any lefty chime in?

The new puppy is in the house. Cleaned, lubed and primed for action. Won't get to the range till next week though. Can't wait!

HK VP9 LE

ejysa3u3.jpg

That's sweet! Is the only difference of the LE the Tritium sight sights and extra mag? How's the trigger?

Agreed...to me the pistol should have uniform mechanics.

I'm not a lefty, but maybe H&K tested it and lefties prefer it that way? Can any lefty chime in?

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-reference-library/205189-how-detail-strip-vp9.html

Observe and read steps 3 and 4. the right side lever is also the axle for the trigger spring. looks like they took that as the easiest route to get the lever's action over to the left side of the gun.

edit: actually if you read farther down to the reassembly guide, you'll see the right side release axle actually retains A LOT of stuff inside the gun.

That's sweet! Is the only difference of the LE the Tritium sight sights and extra mag? How's the trigger?

Snappy like a glass rod breaking. Best of the best just got better.