Shane45

HK VP9

Is that the le model with night sights and 3 mags?

Believe so... Give em a call to be sure.

I was so enthused about the feel and trigger, didn't look at anything else. :)

Wait! Was that a trick question? LE? There is only one model. What considers it LE? It has only ampidex controls, das it! I'm half asleep. Not nice to trick me. Lol...

Sent from my iPhone using TT 2 Pro

Believe so... Give em a call to be sure. I was so enthused about the feel and trigger, didn't look at anything else. :) Wait! Was that a trick question? LE? There is only one model. What considers it LE? It has only ampidex controls, das it! I'm half asleep. Not nice to trick me. Lol... Sent from my iPhone using TT 2 Pro

There is the model with night sights and 3 mags and the model with standard sights and 2 mags from what i understand

There is the model with night sights and 3 mags and the model with standard sights and 2 mags from what i understand

Ok, that makes more sense. But I don't think that constitutes LE...

It does not have tritium. Just those glow in the dark ones. Bright as hell after you hit them with a flashlight for 20 mins...Same as on my P30 before I changed them. I put tritium on all my guns. So I guess just two mags. But like I said, didn't look past the gun. :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

H&k has 2 models, law enforcement bundle has

tritium night sights and 3 magazines and was only available to le, the civilian model has glow in the dark sights with only 2 mags. H&k was smart and made the le model available to everyone, good move by H&k.

Ok, then this was not LE.... Still crazy that they labelled it as LE when it really means nada... Just extra perks for anyone.

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

VP9 9MM POLY BLK 4.1" 10+1 FS
UPC: 642230250864
MFG MDL #: 700009-A5
MSRP: $719.00
CAPACITY: 10+1
# OF MAGS: 2
SIGHTS: 3 Dot, Radioactive Luminous
-------------------------------------------------
VP9 9MM POLY BLK 4.1" 15+1 FS
UPC: 642230250857
MFG MDL #: M700009-A5
CAPACITY: 15+1
-------------------------------------------------
VP9 9MM POLY BLK 4.1" 15+1 NS
UPC: 642230250888
MFG MDL #: M700009LE-A5
MSRP: $819.00
# OF MAGS: 3
SIGHTS: Tritium Night Sights

I was just at Ottomanellis. The model they have is the one with the glow in the dark sights and (2) 15 round mags. Their price is $725 before tax and nics.

I was just at Ottomanellis. The model they have is the one with the glow in the dark sights and (2) 15 round mags. Their price is $725 before tax and nics.

Das what I said, was just a lil off on the price. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using TT 2 Pro

Finally got to shoot one today. Lady friend I intro'ed to shooting bought one (LE version w/ night sights) (I will unabashedly say I played some *small* role in her choosing HK. :D She however decided to take the chance on the VP9 over a P30, simply because of those charge supports on the slide. It was a good bet.)

30 rounds as a pair of full mags. no warmup shots or anything; just picked it up and let it rock. 10 meter target distance.

SAM_1130.jpg

later on in the day I took another 15 at it, with a little more discipline and introspection into how the gun runs.

SAM_1131.jpg

Yep... the trigger breaks like a glass rod. I now know what trigger creep feels like after switching back to my P2000. :D

SAM_1129.jpg

(unrelated, but I figured out my P2000 problem, the TruDot sights have a wider rear notch than I'm used to, and it was throwing off my aim. The above is the results of "cleaning up" my sight picture.)

I'll put it like this... if I were a striker fan I'd get one of these. Hell if I have a permit and the cash to burn and found one for sale lightly used I'd jump on it.

Well done HK.

(note: the pictures should be rotated, and they are, it just appears that photobucket is being herp derp.)

I just picked up a VP9 last week and I'm loving it as well. Comparing to my PPQ M1, I think the PPQ has a slightly better trigger, but I find the ergonomics of the VP9 more than make up for it (I should add the caveat that I only have 300 rounds on my PPQ and 200 on the VP9, though I plan on putting a lot more rounds on the VP9 going forward). I've always felt the PPQ to be a tad "flippy", but I don't get that from the VP9. The VP9 lever mag release feels much more natural to me compared to that on the PPQ M1. Also, I love how you can fine tune the grip with the adjustable side panels. I have mine with small right panel, small backstrap, medium left panel, and the grip feels custom made for me. The gun also seems very "pointable" to me. Not sure if it's a function of the longer sight radius, the grip, or what. Heck, it might just be in my mind. Now if I could just find a proper holster for it. (actually, I've found that, while not a perfect fit, my LAG Tactical Kydex holster for my PPQ does a passable job for now).

Ok, VP9 LE secured and waiting. Whew! Now just got to wait for my permits.

PS: OSA should have another 6 or so in stock for a total of 10 or so of both models. About 4 left now I think.

For anyone that has seen the VP9 at their LGS, what kind of prices are you guys seeing?  I walked into a couple of shops today and tried to negotiate on their ~$800 asking price for the LE kit.  Is this really what the gun will go for?  Or, is it simply the early adopter's premium?

Can't go by that... it's an auction without buy it now. Look at the buy it now prices to gauge pricing...

$625 plus 25 to ship...(add 3% for CC sales)

LE version: none there now, but last one was $819 plus 30 to ship......

On GB, you also have to watch for good pricing that seems to good because it not sending cash, check or mo, they add 3% to price if using cc....

Only LE on there, (not quite a deal but he's throwing in 2 more mags for a total of 5)... $950 starts at $900 no reserve... then $35 shipping... only money orders...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=433490159

My LE was $755 from Ramsey Outdoor (in Ramsey) before NICS/tax and I'm told they had previously carried the regular edition for $629 before it sold out. I have no idea if those prices would still be applicable for future shipments. The gun I bought never even made it to the counter. I talked to Ron and had myself put on a waiting list, and I understand that all guns from the shipment ended up getting set aside.

Support your local gun shops

I completely agree with that.  However, in my situation this is not a "need it now" purchase.  I don't blame shops charging what the local market is dictating at this point in time given the recent release, but I'm not going to pay a premium simply because I'm an early adopter.

I completely agree with that.  However, in my situation this is not a "need it now" purchase.  I don't blame shops charging what the local market is dictating at this point in time given the recent release, but I'm not going to pay a premium simply because I'm an early adopter.

My local has one in stock for $675 , can always order them ( for the don't need it now crowd ) , and if you go in with cash you can usually get them to drop it by $25