HBecwithFn7

New Dates for NJ F & W "Hunter Education" Courses

I need to redo the "Firearms" one or take the "Rifle" standalone course.

Anyone know if you can walk on to a place doing "Firearms" and they'll just let you take the muzzleloader/rifle test section and be done?  Or do you need to redo all of the shotgun stuff also?

Unless otherwise stated, the "Firearms" course is now "all encompassing....". Shotgun, rifle, and muzzle loader, all in one integrated course lasting 4 hours.  I'm not sure there is a separate course for muzzle loader only, anymore. It's now the full "Firearms" course.

But check the F & W Website to be sure.

Unless otherwise stated, the "Firearms" course is now "all encompassing....". Shotgun, rifle, and muzzle loader, all in one integrated course lasting 4 hours.  I'm not sure there is a separate course for muzzle loader only, anymore. It's now the full "Firearms" course.

But check the F & W Website to be sure.

I know... that's why I specified that I only really need to do the "Rifle" portion. They do offer it separately but I was wondering if anyone knew if you could just do the rifle part of the overall firearms course instead of signing up for a rifle specific class.

Call them

When I asked about adding rifle they told me I just needed to take the written part since I already did the shotgun practical.

I went over the weekend and basically this is what happened. When I talked to the dude and showed him my current shotgun/archery license he said, no prob just take the rifle written.