HBecwithFn7

New Dates for NJ F & W "Hunter Education" Courses

Did a walk on at Clinton today and passed the firearms test...was gonna borrow a bow from a buddy to do the archery portion but decided to hold off..get my own and add on later..the wildlife staff was aces..very helpful and informative..no problems coming as a walk on but I did overhear one of the guys saying how the "secret was out" about walking on..at any rate we started at 0820..we signed in..did a firearms lecture for about 30 mins.(the instructor was very funny and informative..long haired dude with a huge beard)...made our way down to the trap range...fired 3 rds each on your choice of a Mossy 500 or small youth size 20ga semi...after I got my Pass ticket I walked back up to the building..took my written..passed..got my hunter Ed card and was on my way about 1000..a very much pain free and quick process..thanks to all for the info and help!

Did a walk on at Clinton today and passed the firearms test...was gonna borrow a bow from a buddy to do the archery portion but decided to hold off..get my own and add on later..the wildlife staff was aces..very helpful and informative..no problems coming as a walk on but I did overhear one of the guys saying how the "secret was out" about walking on..at any rate we started at 0820..we signed in..did a firearms lecture for about 30 mins.(the instructor was very funny and informative..long haired dude with a huge beard)...made our way down to the trap range...fired 3 rds each on your choice of a Mossy 500 or small youth size 20ga semi...after I got my Pass ticket I walked back up to the building..took my written..passed..got my hunter Ed card and was on my way about 1000..a very much pain free and quick process..thanks to all for the info and help!

Congratulations! The long redish haired dude with the beard is my buddy Keith. Great guy and excellent instructor. We do hunters helping the hungry together.