Veteran USMC

Need Help Selecting a 9mm Handgun

Need help in selecting a 9mm handgun for both plinking and an addition to my home defense system!  I have small to medium hands & am willing to spend up to $850!  (1) reliability is a must (2) consistant trigger pull from 4.5 to 5.5lbs --I held a Beretta 92f but didn't like the trigger because it isn't consistant(1st pull is DA 2nd. pull is SA.).

Thanks for your time & attention.  Semper Fi!

Considering what you plan to do with it, I suggest 1911 9mm. Grip is very comfortable and will suit your hand size, trigger is butter smooth, easy maintenance, highly customizable and extremely low recoil. Downside is the mag capacity of 9 plus 1 but you can just buy more. The capacity issue might turn positive if CC does not veto A2006/S993. Just my .02 cents.

Considering what you plan to do with it, I suggest 1911 9mm. Grip is very comfortable and will suit your hand size, trigger is butter smooth, easy maintenance, highly customizable and extremely low recoil. Downside is the mag capacity of 9 plus 1 but you can just buy more. The capacity issue might turn positive if CC does not veto A2006/S993. Just my .02 cents.

lets not let Christie not veto it. Did you call him today urging him to veto the bill? 609-292-6000

lets not let Christie not veto it. Did you call him today urging him to veto the bill? 609-292-6000

Yes I have. I've been doing so twice a week in the past 5 weeks. I think CC knows what we feel about it by now. Being a first time voter, I will surely remember his decision when election time comes. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Anyway, Back to the topic.

Do some searching for a DAO sig 226/229. I'm fairly certain they make single action only as well. My m11a1 (229) if my favorite pistol I own.

Not just that but he can buy a da/sa gun and convert it to dak.