FishNHard

Advice on wet tumbler.

No need to go to big dawg -- why not buy one made by a fellow NJ shooter -- no shipping, local enough if any issues arise and a better product

Or make your own

search -- "grungy brass turned to bling"  right here in the reloading forum 

Hey All.

I am looking to get a wet tumbler and was wondering what you guys recommend , My wife has one of the 3lb rock tumblers but seems rather small for cleaning brass.

Thanks for any input.

John

I started with the HF 6 lb rock tumbler and have made my own since then.  The 6lb did 90% of what I needed it to.  Just the volume was a pain when I would try to load 1000+ cases of rifle ammo in that week.

http://www.rocktumblers.com/rock-tumblers/rotary-rock-tumblers/lortoneqt66rotaryrocktumbler12lbcapacity.cfm

Lortone QT - 66 (two 6 lb drums).  Means you can clean 2 different calibers. Thumler's 2 barrel is only 2 three pounders

*  Strat-O-Sheen Burnishing Concentrate (3 oz to a gallon of water)

*  3 mm plastic ceramic media

Black powder cases look like this in 1.5 to 2 hours ...

IMGP1024.jpg

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a place to buy stainless steel media . I don't want to order, any place near Harrison, North Arlington area were I can purchase ??????

When ever I see it at gun shows its twice as much as getting it from Ebay, just order it. Its around $72 shipped for 10#.