seamusSU

RIP Opie and Anthony

Is that official? I thought there was a possibility of reconsideration like the Duck Dynasty situation.

From my understanding, Anthony has said "I;m done with Sirius" or somesuch.  I suppose anything is possible.

From my understanding, Anthony has said "I;m done with Sirius" or somesuch.  I suppose anything is possible.

Fair enough, but he's a bit of a hot head.  When he cools off he might find the paycheck and loyalty to the rest of the guys makes him reconsider.

Also, it is possible that the show will continue without him, at least for a while.  It won't be the same, but I'm not so sure that Opie and Jim will just walk away.  It looks like a pretty good gig to me.  They have plenty of comedian buddies to fill Anthony's chair.

I'm just assuming that they will run out the remainder of their current contract through October and then bail and set up a podcast network. They already have the following so they can probably make an easy transition and pick up sponsors. Unfortunately they probably won't get the same type of guests that they have in the past.

Florentine is a thousand times better than Tom Papa.

I would expect a rotating cast to include Burr, Attell, Amy Shumer, Voss, Breuer, Bob Kelley, etc. I doubt they will pick a permanent replacement, at least not in the short term.

I prefer burr or Kelly.

Florentine and shumer make me want to punch babies.

Ron "Million Bucks" Bennington would be the  best replacement.  

I love Ron, but the show would become more NPR less O&A.

Gary Soder is the only one I can see jumping in, they may try for Adam Corolla but where are you going to find someone as funny and edgy as Anthony.  None of the regulars can hack it.  CK is funnier but all the rest feed off Anthony more than anyone else.  Plus he was the only one with any common sense.

I love Ron, but the show would become more NPR less O&A.

Gary Soder is the only one I can see jumping in, they may try for Adam Corolla but where are you going to find someone as funny and edgy as Anthony.  None of the regulars can hack it.  CK is funnier but all the rest feed off Anthony more than anyone else.  Plus he was the only one with any common sense.

Are you talking about Dan Soder?  I was laughing my ass off on the bit about Pit bulls and the little girl.  "Death Rolls on little girls"  "The dog was only giving the girl skull crushing kisses" lol.

Are you talking about Dan Soder?  I was laughing my ass off on the bit about Pit bulls and the little girl.  "Death Rolls on little girls"  "The dog was only giving the girl skull crushing kisses" lol.

My bad, thanks for the link, that whole day was hilarious. I liked him better than Jimmy.

Dan Soder would be a good option since he has a radio background. My only worry would be WAY too much wrestling talk