Jpknj

CZ PCR WOW!

Took new CZ PCR out to the range today. I am so impressed. First ten rounds were perfect. 200 rounds down the range not a single hiccup. The picture is first ten rounds at 7 yards. For a $550.00 investment I am at a loss for words. I want better sights but not sure I should change a thing.post-7506-0-14101200-1404612717_thumb.jpg

I'm looking to pick up either a p01 or a PCR, I'm guessing from the comments above that you guys would consider both a good choice.  It seems like the only real difference between the two is the rail, it that true?  Also, I've seen comments elsewhere that the trigger isn't so great, what's your opinions on both guns? 

For me the PCR is the ideal carry gun. Its light as a feather, the ergonomics are great. The gun sits perfect in my hand. Also the PCR doesn't have a safety so its on less thing you have to think about in a confrontation on the street.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I'm looking to pick up either a p01 or a PCR, I'm guessing from the comments above that you guys would consider both a good choice. It seems like the only real difference between the two is the rail, it that true? Also, I've seen comments elsewhere that the trigger isn't so great, what's your opinions on both guns?

I think the lower of the PCR is steel and slide is aluminum. P01 is all aluminum. P01 is also a decocker (no safety) & as you noted has an accessory rail. I just recently fired my P01 and it has a some what heavy double action and trigger felt stiff. I understand it lossens up after a decent break in period.

If u shoot at Heritage or EFGA and wamt to check out my P01 let me know. Maybe u can get someone with a PCR to join us to do a side comparison.

I'm looking to pick up either a p01 or a PCR, I'm guessing from the comments above that you guys would consider both a good choice.  It seems like the only real difference between the two is the rail, it that true?  Also, I've seen comments elsewhere that the trigger isn't so great, what's your opinions on both guns? 

CZ's website lets you do side by side comparisons:

http://cz-usa.com/product-comparison/

They look like virtual twins except for the accessory rail on the P01. 

Here is a pretty thorough discussion from the CZFIREARMS group:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=35621.0

If you never intend to attach a light or laser then I would save a few dollars and get the PCR.

Good luck and let us know which you picked up.

Thanks for the links Glen, that was helpful.  I've been leaning toward the PCR mostly because it was a bit less expensive and I don't think I really need the rail.  I've got a little time left on my permit so I'm holding out a bit longer to see if I can pick one up locally before going online.  I'll let you know what I end up with.