zoid

Shortening Reach to Trigger on Revolver

I recently got a S&W 627 (my first wheelie!).  Shooting my first 50 rounds of 357 mag I noticed my finger

would shift a little under recoil.  I like using the pad of the tip of my finger, but seems to want to go to the

first joint.  

Are there any stock or aftermarket triggers that shorten the reach?  I don't think there is much to do with

the grip as it seems it is as far forward to the back strap as it can be. 

Thanks for any advice.

If as you describe, you desire to use the pad of your fingertip rather than the first joint, then you want to lengthen the distance to the trigger, not shorten it. That can be accomplished by using grips that cover the backstrap.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Try gripping the revolver a bit higher, the Web of your hand between your thumb and pointer should ride above the backstrap

Yes this seems to work.  Thanks.

If as you describe, you desire to use the pad of your fingertip rather than the first joint, then you want to lengthen the distance to the trigger, not shorten it. That can be accomplished by using grips that cover the backstrap.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Will try some other options and see.  If you have any suggestions please let me know.  Though the stock ones are pretty good.

For adding length so just the pad makes contact, I often used a Tyler Trigger Shoe provided I liked the position of the existing grip. I had a steel trigger shoe from Tyler on my S&W M52 and it was perfect for me. I use them a lot on some centerfire rifles also.

http://www.t-grips.com/