AlDente67

Is this a good deal on 9mm ammo?

Got an email blast on this:

http://www.luckygunner.com/1000-rounds-of-9mm-ammo-by-mbi-124gr-fmj?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_campaign=bf2cefbaf3-7%2F8%2F14-NL-6%3A30pm&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_80d206af41-bf2cefbaf3-290468661&mc_cid=bf2cefbaf3&mc_eid=4e41601884#reviews

The reviews look pretty good, but I hesitate to buy loose reloads because Beretta will not warranty the weapons if you use them.  According to them, all ammo used must be new, boxed for some reason.

Should I be concerned?

I've been using Lax Ammo 115gr fmj and it has been flawless. Just ordered 1000 rounds, free can, for 218... Got free shipping over holiday. So got over 4000 rounds various stuff coming in.... .45, 9, .223, .308... Etc. They are great to deal with.

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

I was wondering that too.  For range practice and home defense, is it worth stocking both grains?

For plinking at the range I've used 115, 124, and 147.    I've bought all weights just depending on the price at various times and what I grab on my way out the door.

If you have a self defense round that you like it's probably best to stick to the same weight during practice so that your point of aim is the same.

Also, some guns are just picky about certain ammo.   You'll also find endless arguments about what weight is the best (light/fast 115's vs slower/heavier 147's).  Actually 124 is probably the best middle ground.

I was wondering that too.  For range practice and home defense, is it worth stocking both grains?

For home defense you're probably going to want good JHP's like Gold Dots or Rangers. I would definitely choose something, practice with it and stick with it.

For casual target practice, I'll use just about any grain FMJ rounds.  I seem to adjust pretty quickly and I'm not such a dead-eye that a heavier/lighter projectile is going to make much difference.  If you're practicing for some sort of competitive use, it will make a difference but you'll probably want to start reloading yourself if you're getting serious about it.

I've been using Lax Ammo 115gr fmj and it has been flawless. Just ordered 1000 rounds, free can, for 218... Got free shipping over holiday. So got over 4000 rounds various stuff coming in.... .45, 9, .223, .308... Etc. They are great to deal with.

Which one is that?  I'm looking at the site.  Maybe they ended the sale?

Should have mentioned free shipping was over, sorry. Was over holiday weekend.

Get on their mailing list. Also, prices are not too bad with shipping....

Here is my first batch I bought last year from them. Like lil gold nuggets. :)

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using TT 2 Pro

I've never ordered from Palmetto before.  Do they require a faxed copy of a FID to ship to NJ?

or scan & email..  yes

honestly, i've used Freedom Munitions, Georgia Arms & High Country Ammo (all commercial reloads) without any issues.  LAX is another decent brand that i will buy in the future when i need some more..  

115gr, 124 gr, 147 gr, 135gr (Hornady Crit Duty)...   its all good.. 115 is the cheapest and most used for range plinking..  most of what i have is 115 except for a few boxes of 124 AE and my HD stuff...

this was my Georgia Arms stuff..  nickel plated..  good shooting stuff...

GeorgiaArms9mm115gr_zps50097a1c.jpg

I've bought remanufactured ammo from a couple of places, and it was fine. I've bought reloads as part of a large ammo package from an individual, and they stunk.

That being said, you can get spanking new 9mm for very close to this (very good) price.

I've bought 9mm from both Lax Ammo and Freedom Munitions without a single problem... Great prices for range rounds..

Good price for take down rounds when all else fails too.

I just ordered PMC Bronze ammo from a different site, 124 grain. How clean is it? I've read decent reviews so I though I'd give it a try. I have a HK P7 and it needs to shoot some pretty clean ammo or gunks up fast. Just wanted some input from some other users of that ammo.

I just ordered PMC Bronze ammo from a different site, 124 grain. How clean is it? I've read decent reviews so I though I'd give it a try. I have a HK P7 and it needs to shoot some pretty clean ammo or gunks up fast. Just wanted some input from some other users of that ammo.

PMC Bronze is one of the cleanest rounds I've shot.  I went to the range recent and upon my return home, I could barely find any residue/powder I needed to clean.

I cleaned out Dick's last week when they had an ammo sale.  They had at least 15 boxes of PMC at $10.00 on top of the $10 coupon they give if you complete a customer satisfaction survey.  The associate forgot about the 3 box rule so I took advantage of it haha

For range ammo...I go for the cheapest brass possible. I've tried steel casing, but it doesn't cycle as well in my pistols. Gunbot.com and Ammoseek.com are your friend.

I don't think you should have problems with reloads from a reputable supplier i.e. Freedom Munitions.

For self defense, use the highest quality you can - I use Hornady Critical Duty but Speer Gold Dot is good too.