DoctorSig

Remington 700s. Can you find them anywhere

I'm looking to buy a remington 700 sps varmint or the 5r in 308. I would like it new and obviously post recall. Just can't find it anywhere. I've come come across one or two, but they still have the recalled trigger.

I think it's irresponsible to sell any item that has an active safety recall - adding insult to injury, at regular price and without notifying me that the rifle is non compliant - but whatever.

Any one know if they are being sold yet

If you want an SPS Varmint I would go to Dick's Sporting Goods... Back when i first looked at them, in early early 2010, Dick's Sporting Goods has a distributor-exclusive model Remington 700 SPS Varmint which has a military-colored Olive Drab Green polymer stock, the 26" heavy barrel, and a combo-package scope for $499.99 ...   I believe they still feature this model quite often in sales.  (I wound up waiting, and right after Election Day Nov '12 I bought a 700 AAC-SD Tactical with the 20" heavy-contour 1:10 bbl and used it as a base for my customization build)

I Googled "Remington 700 Dick's Sporting Goods models" and got the page on Remington.com for DSG Distributor Exclusive models:

700 ADL Stainless- 24" sporter (regular, fairly thin-normal) stainless barrel, grey polymer stock, stainless steel sling swivel studs

700 ADL Varmint Scope Combo in Mossy Oak Brush Camo- this is right up your alley, a 26" heavy varmint barrel, Mossy Oak Brush Camo-colored stock, and a 'Remington' 4-12x40mm scope included (Remington sources many low-level scopes for their scope needs and they change the actual brand given often so it's hard to say what you'd actually get but it's free at least).

700 SPS Bone Collector in Realtree AP Camo- apparently this one is chambered for different hunting calibers, has a hinged-floorplate (BDL) magazine, Hogue OverMoldings on the stock, etc.

All of these are very reasonable and on sales can even dip below the $400 line when they do Holiday Doorbuster-type sales.  I would check them out, if you want a 700.  Or just order exactly what you want online, as others have said, you can  get exactly what you want at the price you want delivered to your FFL.  I like to buy my guns over the counter as much as possible so I can see and feel what I am about to buy, but I recently ordered my SIG P226 MK25 and am as happy as I ever have been with a gun