MidwestPX

What did you take to the range most recently?

My most recent trip I brought out my Ruger 22/45. Zip22. 10/22 Take Down and my Marlin 925.

I'm working on the NRA Winchester Marksmanship Qualification, one of the rimfire's, and using my Marlin. I'm a little frustraited; out of a possible 200 points I'm shooting in the 150-160 range but rarely breaking that range. Part of this is due to my crappy target stands which sway with the wind but even on a clam day I'm not shooting as well as I want to.

What I took to the range was a new shooter, Actually my friends wife. Started her out on the m&p 22 and progressed to the sig 9mm. And finished up with a ar15. I must say I was very impressed with her shooting skills for a first time shooter. And to top it off Both of my friends are going to apply or their hand gun permits.  :fan:

What I took to the range was a new shooter, Actually my friends wife. Started her out on the m&p 22 and progressed to the sig 9mm. And finished up with a ar15. I must say I was very impressed with her shooting skills for a first time shooter. And to top it off Both of my friends are going to apply or their hand gun permits.  :fan:

I've noticed that almost every new woman shooter I've taken to the range has been an above average shooter.  I suspect it's because I'm conditioned to shooting with men and men seem to be more apt to pull the trigger while women seem to be more patient and will wait for the sight picture and squeeze the trigger rather than pull.

I've noticed that almost every new woman shooter I've taken to the range has been an above average shooter.  I suspect it's because I'm conditioned to shooting with men and men seem to be more apt to pull the trigger while women seem to be more patient and will wait for the sight picture and squeeze the trigger rather than pull.

It's because women tend to have less ego involvement and are willing to listen to and follow direction.

My 586 for an IDPA match today.

kexhro.jpg

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Took my newly built AR for a test drive.

As for women shooters, my oldest daughter has only been shooting for a couple of years but she is deadly accurate with a 22 rifle.  

Took my Henry Big Boy chambered in 357 mag. to Range 14 for the first time. Only shot indoors at 20 yrds before this.

Wow!....hitting water bottles at 75 yrds and targets at 200 yrds.....with open sights.

Point of aim was right on. Thought in 357 mag it would have dropped at 200 yrds but not at all. Fun times!

Took my 870, my neighbor, and his 12 year old son up to Thunder Mountain. We each hit 43/50 which I was happy with for only my second time shooting clays. His son fired 10 rounds of 20ga and then stopped but at least he tried it.

No pic of the guns I took (SPR and 6.5C MWS) but I did shoot the best five shot group of my life today.  This was with my 20" MWS with a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel shooting 120gr Hornady ammo (factory ammo, waiting on powder to roll my own 140gr loads).  100 yards with an old (and kind of crappy) Bushnell 5-15 SFP scope.  I'll be replacing it with a 3.5-21 FFP eventually.

WiKc3zD.jpg

cw2dX73.jpg

The store is being shut down for a few days while I head down to TX to demonstrate some machine guns and suppressors. I'm extending my stay by a couple days since the retail store is down and going on holiday, specifically, a hog hunt with some friends on a private ranch as well as getting some clay pigeon blasting in. I ran out of space in my checked luggage so I shipped the Mk46 earlier in the week along with ammo, drums, and other supporting gear. If it wasn't a 14 hour drive each way, I would have loaded up my Highlander but I'm getting too old to drive that much ;)

Took my son for an outing at RTSP. brought along the 22/45, Sccy CPX-2 and a Springfield 1911. The Sccy is picky with ammo so I picked up a few new flavors to try out. Got a couple double feeds with Am. Eagle 124gn but the Am. Eagle 147gn and Win 9mm NATO 124gn cycled correctly every time.

The Springfield 1911 Loaded is my testbed for reloads and I brought a few rounds to try out, 230gn RN Berry's with 6.0 to 6.4gn of Unique.

I brought out the usual trio...  introduced some new shooters to the world of guns and GFH (I'm now up to 4 people getting their FID's!)

arsenal sam7r-61

BCM 14.5 AR

P226 elite stainless 9mm

kinda funny how every new shooter I bring gravitates to the AR and says the same thing... "is that from Call of Duty?" or "is that the gun from counter strike?"

I brought out the usual trio... introduced some new shooters to the world of guns and GFH (I'm now up to 4 people getting their FID's!)

arsenal sam7r-61

BCM 14.5 AR

P226 elite stainless 9mm

kinda funny how every new shooter I bring gravitates to the AR and says the same thing... "is that from Call of Duty?" or "is that the gun from counter strike?"

Call of duty....lol

I've got that one before also....

Mzjl9Db.jpg

Therapy today consisted of hammer pairs, failure drills, box drills and shooting on the move from 25 to 5 yards.  I shot the best box drill ever and I still can't shoot on the move worth a damn.  I got progressively better with each iteration but there's so much room for improvement.  And the blowback from my SCAR17 after 300 rounds (forgot my gloves):

WJctJJ3.jpg