Newtonian

Another Victim of Senseless NJ Laws

Here is the prosecutor justifying giving Rice PTI....     Atlantic City Press - Prosecutor Explains Decision to grant PTI to Ray Rice.

Thanks for the link. I was reading the intro and wondering where it was going, then I got to this:

Then, he asked himself one question: “If this wasn’t Ray Rice. If this wasn’t a public figure. If this were some relatively anonymous person who had all the attributes that he had, where the situation was just the same as was present here, what would you do?”

The answer, he said, was PTI.

What. The. Eff. This is literally the same person. LITERALLY THE SAME PERSON, who denied Shaneen's application. What a prick. He goes on in the article to explain how horrible violent acts are, yet Shaneen is being charged with mere possession charges. This guy has a special place in hell reserved.

Thanks for the link. I was reading the intro and wondering where it was going, then I got to this:

What. The. Eff. This is literally the same person. LITERALLY THE SAME PERSON, who denied Shaneen's application. What a prick. He goes on in the article to explain how horrible violent acts are, yet Shaneen is being charged with mere possession charges. This guy has a special place in hell reserved.

Which tells me that there's a lot more politics involved in Shaneen's case than meets the eye. I wonder how far up the chain this actually goes.... :dontknow:

She started the snowball rolling down the hill by bringing a loaded weapon into the PRNJ.

The LEO sped it up by arresting her instead of having her secure the weapon and immediately return to PA with a stern warning.

The press got wind of this story and published it everywhere. Now everyone is watching this case.

The Prosecutor grants PTI and a fine but no jail time and the message goes out to the world that NJ does not really enforce their gun laws.

The Prosecutor thinks more people from PA will decide to bring weapons into NJ because they feel they probably won't do jail time if caught.

The Prosecutor is going to make an example of her and throw the book at her. The Press will report it all over the place.

The chance of anyone making the same mistake she made is greatly diminished.

The poor lady and her family will suffer so that the PRNJ can make a point!!!!

I only hope her story gets National attention so that all may know what we here on this board know all too well.......NJ's GUN LAWS SUCK!!!!!

They have sent that message many, many times.

Good video. Unfortunately, it's a little "preaching to the choir."  This video will never be seen by the people who most need to see it... the "sheeples."   The antis and Fudds won't care. The pro-2a folks already know the problem.

if there was a way to sneek this onto the Natl. MSM, it would be great.  But it ain't gonna happen.... :(  :facepalm:

UPDATE: THIS WAS JUST POSTED AND IS MAKING ROUNDS THRU MEDIA SOURCES

REPORT: Atlantic County Prosecutor Reconsiders Shaneen Allen Case?

By Matt Rooney | The Save Jersey Blog

Your voices may’ve been heard as the wheels of justice turn in Atlantic County, Save Jerseyans!

Here’s what we heard on Friday (see below); stay tuned for updates if there are any…

NRA News
Media/News/Publishing · 572,129 Likes
· 2 hrs · Edited ·

BREAKING NEWS: The prosecutor in the Shaneen Allen case has requested her upcoming trial be delayed while he reviews the appropriate resolution of her case. Shaneen is the Philadelphia mother of two who became an unwitting victim of New Jersey's gun laws. Stay tuned for the exclusive interview with Ginny Simone and Shaneen's attorney Evan Nappen coming soon.

UPDATE: THIS WAS JUST POSTED AND IS MAKING ROUNDS THRU MEDIA SOURCES

Cautious optimism here!  Let us hope that the Ray Rice debacle put sufficient pressure on the prosecutor to re-consider PTI for Shaneen. Hopefully, it's not too late for that.  We need to keep the pressure up.

UPDATE: Shaneen Allen Gets PTI

By Matt Rooney | The Save Jersey Blog

10443172_594793780636344_572713265822010A huge update on the Shaneen Allen saga from NBC 10:

“On Wednesday, the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office released a clarification of the 2008 “Graves Act” directive, which deals with incidents in which out-of-state residents who hold a valid permit to carry a firearm in their home state are arrested in New Jersey and charged with illegal possession of a firearm under New Jersey law.”

Read the rest here.

Updated Graves Act Directive text here

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/pressofatlanticcity.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/9/23/923b6d04-442d-11e4-8e6d-6b7e2f563c3b/542330a53c11b.pdf.pdf

I am unpleased she got off with PTI.

I wanted this to go to trial.

I wanted her to be convicted.

I wanted every possible penalty thrown at her and made to stick.

Then and only then is there possibility for the steaming masses to wake up to the bullshit that is the gun laws in this state, and any hope of them being changed.

ACP either saw the writing on the wall or got their ear bent by people who saw all of this, and told him to back off less they lose bigger in the end.

So at the end of the day we're all still fucked.

It's very specific to out of staters that honestly made a mistake or travellers that have minimal exposure to residents of the state. Nowhere near fair by any means, but perhaps something that could be exploited if you were a resident caught and charged. Of course this will all be swept away once the antis gain control of the executive branch again. Thier A.G. will revoke this and we'll be back to square 1.

I am unpleased she got off with PTI.I wanted this to go to trial.I wanted her to be convicted.I wanted every possible penalty thrown at her and made to stick.Then and only then is there possibility for the steaming masses to wake up to the bullshit that is the gun laws in this state, and any hope of them being changed.ACP either saw the writing on the wall or got their ear bent by people who saw all of this, and told him to back off less they lose bigger in the end.So at the end of the day we're all still fucked.

Nice of you to want to sacrifice this young mother for a cause.

I guess you could go and open carry at your local police station, get arrested then refuse any offer of PTI so you can go to trial to possibly wake up the "steaming masses" "to the bullshit that is the gun laws in this state".

Excellent news! It is shameful that it took so much effort to make this idiot prosecutor see the error in this persecution.

I don't believe he's seen anything but unfavorable publicity. As soon as the furor dies down, it will be back to prosecutions persecutions as usual.

Especially if you're a Caucasian male. See 'Brian Aitken'.

Nice of you to want to sacrifice this young mother for a cause.

I guess you could go and open carry at your local police station, get arrested then refuse any offer of PTI so you can go to trial to possibly wake up the "steaming masses" "to the bullshit that is the gun laws in this state".

It wouldn't work if it were me getting jacked up.

I'm white, I'm in a WASPy town, I have no "hardships" (married, only 1 kid, etc.,) I have no money problems, I'm basically "boring" when it comes to the media. I wouldn't be offered PTI ever so that's a moot point. Plus I'm too much of a chickenshit to try and start a "movement" to solve this, and I'm not afraid to say that.

HER CASE hit all the right buttons to bring all the groups to the table and have them see that the laws we have are total bullshit. If more single, black, multi-child, low-income, poor neighborhood black women were buying firearms legally and getting jacked up by the system, the system would be changed overnight what with Sharpton and Jackson and the rest of the race baiter crews descending like locusts.

It wouldn't work if it were me getting jacked up.I'm white, I'm in a WASPy town, I have no "hardships" (married, only 1 kid, etc.,) I have no money problems, I'm basically "boring" when it comes to the media. I wouldn't be offered PTI ever so that's a moot point. Plus I'm too much of a chickenshit to try and start a "movement" to solve this, and I'm not afraid to say that.HER CASE hit all the right buttons to bring all the groups to the table and have them see that the laws we have are total bullshit. If more single, black, multi-child, low-income, poor neighborhood black women were buying firearms legally and getting jacked up by the system, the system would be changed overnight what with Sharpton and Jackson and the rest of the race baiter crews descending like locusts.

I hear you and I wasn't really trying to call you out as a dick as others have said similar things.

Yes it would've been nice if this led to our rights being restored, I just think it sounds bad for any of us "wish" she wouldn't have gotten PTI so she can be our "Joan of Ark".

Would be a different story if she wanted to be "Joan", but I'd don't think she does.

"Shaneen Allen soon to see light of day after Second Amendment tussle"  http://www.examiner.com/article/shaneen-allen-soon-to-see-light-of-day-after-second-amendment-tussle

Do we know if her Philly permit was "seized" and if so, will she get it back?  I think I read where she probably has to forfeit the gun, but that's much more easily replaced.

The other thing is getting back her healthcare/professional licenses so she can go back to work and support her family.