beachwhistle

Sales at Dicks

I guess all Dick's. I am in NC for a vacation now and already stocked with ammo from 2 Dick's in the area - they sell Winchester White box for $21.59+tax for 100rds and 45 for $40 per 100 (that's closer to the usual price, but still good). Plenty in stock at least here, reps looked at me like an idiot when I asked "What's the purchase limit" - "As mush as you can carry, ha-ha...".

I love Carolina more and more :-)))

Stopped in Dicks in Millville over lunch.  All they had was 40ct. boxes of American Eagle, limit 2 boxes per day.  I didn't even know they made 40 round boxes.  Woo Hoo, 80 rounds.   At least the price was good.

Last week they had gotten a shipment of CCI minimags 100ct.  I bought the limit of 3 boxes at $10 per box.  I guess I've finally accepted $10cents/round as the new normal.

Just bought a browning buckmark .22 for my 14 year old daughter to shoot.  I thought I was well stocked until she discovered she liked shooting so much.

Just picked up 2 box of 40ct. 22lr for $2.49 each at dicks in paramus. Limit 2 boxes

Seems like a few of the company's are doing that now Winchester has gone from 555 to 333 and now they have 222 count boxes. This is the first though I have heard of 40 ct boxes

Paramus had 9mm 100 count boxes for I think it was $23.99 had plenty as of 6:30 last night

Bought only two because I needed shotgun shells and there is only so much I could

stuff under my jacket and into pockets

since I was on a motorcycle

Paramus had 9mm 100 count boxes for I think it was $23.99 had plenty as of 6:30 last night

Bought only two because I needed shotgun shells and there is only so much I could

stuff under my jacket and into pockets

since I was on a motorcycle

Thanks i picked up a box of 100 this morning

Traitors. You'd buy ammo from Bloomberg. I hope it burns down.

While I wouldn't use the same level of vitriol, I concur with Mipa's point.  In case you don't remember, DSG knee-jerked after Sandy Hook and pulled all their black rifles, and deeply screwed Troy Defense in the process:

http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscout/2012/12/27/troy-issues-statement-on-dicks-sporting-goods/

Troy Defense (Troy), a division of Troy Industries, Inc., was deeply dismayed and shocked to hear through national media outlets that Dick’s Sporting Goods (DSG) made the decision to stop selling the Troy Carbine along with other modern sporting rifles. DSG did not contact or inform Troy of this decision prior to notifying the public. Nor was Troy informed by DSG that cancellation letters were being sent to customers, set to arrive on Christmas Eve (a day Troy was closed).

Troy has invested millions of dollars in its facility and operations to bring its first ever modern sporting rifle to the market under an exclusive contract with DSG. In selecting DSG as the sole distributor of the Troy Carbine, Troy relied on DSG’s high sales forecasts and sales potential prior to undertaking the significant financial and corporate commitment necessary to design, develop, manufacture and bring a new modern sporting rifle to the marketplace. Based on DSG’s press release, DSG’s anti-gun stance is clear – DSG will not continue modern sporting rifle sales and Troy will sadly not see its Carbine readily available — despite the outlay of millions of dollars by Troy and its commitment to support DSG in its distribution efforts.

Call me what you want, traitor, turncoat, whatever.  But Dick's has never price gouged like almost everyone else does and if they have something in stock that is almost impossible to get elsewhere, i'm going to them.  What I will never go to them for is advise, but that's about it.  If they stopped selling black guns, that was an unfortunate business decision on their part, but I would rather buy from someone who stopped selling ARs then someone that was selling them for over $4k.