So.....why call it "Single stack" and not "1911 only"???

Because it would make sense, and we don't do that :)

There is a bit of history here, there used to be a 1911 Society match that ran every year, which was sorta merged into USPSA at the same time as the new division was created, and if I'm not mis-remembering their match used to be called the Single Stack Classic (and I think it still is and doubles as the Single Stack nationals). 

The short answer is: "because".  Ask us why the Metric target is only used in the US and the Classic target is one that was invented after the Metric and it is in no way classic. We just like brain twisters or something. 

Normally I'd break your balls about that, but I too will be watching the weather.

My son has a tournament in Toms River tomorrow, first pitch 12:00.  Normally I'd be there coaching but the little shit asked me to stop coaching so now my Sunday's are free.  Problem is that my wife isn't a big fan of driving long distances, and if there is a threat of heavy rain she's going to be on edge and making the bad noise about me not driving her to and from the game so she can watch her son play baseball.

Argh.

Normally I'd break your balls about that, but I too will be watching the weather.

My son has a tournament in Toms River tomorrow, first pitch 12:00.  Normally I'd be there coaching but the little shit asked me to stop coaching so now my Sunday's are free.  Problem is that my wife isn't a big fan of driving long distances, and if there is a threat of heavy rain she's going to be on edge and making the bad noise about me not driving her to and from the game so she can watch her son play baseball.

Argh.

Can't say I blame him for firing the coach.

As for the noisy wife, I completely understand that one.

30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. We call that shooting weather because the actual odds of a storm over the range it itself is pretty low.

Every weather report I see says 80% chance --  Tonight will tell --  I have to say I spend my entire week outdoors -- Don't look forward to spending my day off outside in the rain...

Every weather report I see says 80% chance --  Tonight will tell --  I have to say I spend my entire week outdoors -- Don't look forward to spending my day off outside in the rain...

I'm seeing that it's not supposed to start until after 2pm, so we could get a few stages in.

So i havent heard back about putting me on standby for a cancellation. Vlad you help run these matches. So should i come by tomorrow or what do you think.

Jim norman runs this match.

Just sign up on the website, if you don't show in the morning it's no big deal