Tango Charlie

Discreet carry case?

I recently acquired a 26" Saiga rifle in a bullpup configuration.  I'm trying to find a discreet carry case that would fit it nicely.  I have seen a few items online from Blackhawk to a bunch of no name companies.  I'm just not sure if my rifle would fit in any of those cases.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a carry case that doesn't scream "I have a gun in my bag"?

I would like to carry the rifle without having to break it down.

Jack, I saw the tennis racket cases that Blackhawk makes and I just wasn't sure about the sizing and space capacity for magazines and such.

@High Exposure. I saw that bag and I wondered if it would be kind of obvious only because it is longer than most other backpacks.

Just to add to my concern about being discreet is that I live right across the street from a police station. I'm sure that they are familiar with many kinds of bags so I'm just trying to find something that wouldn't call for too much attention.

Or am I just over thinking things?

It's a sad fact but most Cops will have no clue what you are carrying unless they are shooters like you. If they are they shooters and recognize the bag, they are more likely to BS about what it is, how you like it, where you got the bag, etc..... than anything else.

The 36" CRB looks like a small guitar case, the 30" CRB looks like it should hold a tennis racquet.

People see what the expect to see and think of objects they are familiar with. People see you carrying a bag that looks like it should hold a racquet, even if it is 4" too long, they think "tennis player" and forget about it.

That CRB is the Cats Pajamas my man. Trust me! I will try to get some photos later for you.

ETA: the dimension of the sneaky bag are almost identical to the bag ogfarmer linked, but made to actually hold a carbine and accessories.

I used a couple of Yamaha keyboard carry cases to carry my issued MP5 and M4. If you are carrying around a long case its likely to attract attention. The Yamaha logo on the side seemed to satisfy any interested parties. I carried these on the street when needed and never aroused any attention. The problem with most "discreet" gun cases is they look like "discreet" gun cases. The ones shown by HE in his link look a lot better than most.