T Bill

Looking for a New SA Shotgun for Sporting Clays and Trap.

I have an interest in getting a new sporting clays shotgun.  This time the requirements are

Semi Auto Sporting design

Adjustable stock setup

30" Barrels

Street price around $1500 - $2000.

Looking at the following models

Beretta A400 Xcel W/Kick Off

Browning A5

Benelli Cordoba

Benelli Vinci Cordoba

Benelli Sport II

Winchester SX3

Any others you can think of?  Any comments welcomed. 

Beretta makes the best SA clay shotguns the A400 is their latest, kickoff is really not needed since the gun is very soft shooting by itself,

The most popular SA clay shotgun is the Beretta AL391, which is no longer in production but can be readily found.

if you can find one, I would get that, parts are easy to get and the gun is great, it has a shim system to adjust the stock

Of the choices mentioned, I'd pick the Beretta A400. Don't know if I'd go with their Kick-Off buttstock though. A gun that big, in a gas-auto, w/ 30" or 32" barrel should be a soft-shooter without any contraption in the buttstock. (I was just reading about their GunPod accessory. Wild stuff.)

Of the choices mentioned, I'd pick the Beretta A400. Don't know if I'd go with their Kick-Off buttstock though. A gun that big, in a gas-auto, w/ 30" or 32" barrel should be a soft-shooter without any contraption in the buttstock. (I was just reading about their GunPod accessory. Wild stuff.)

I'm with you, as I don't need any contraptions in the buttstock either!  In fact the recoil reducer in a friends' gun makes it feel really WEIRD to me, at the point of being a distraction!  It messes with my head at a critical moment when I call for a true pair.

Actually going to Clinton WMA on Saturday to break a few with family members.  Have two new Italians to try out.

Going to be looking to try the Beretta.  The model I am interested in is called the A400 Xcel Parallel Target. That model comes with the Kick Off recoil system.  Have to see how it goes.  In the mean time looking at the others also.

Thankx for the offers.  Will have to see how the schedule works out.

Actually going to Clinton WMA on Saturday to break a few with family members.  Have two new Italians to try out.

Going to be looking to try the Beretta.  The model I am interested in is called the A400 Xcel Parallel Target. That model comes with the Kick Off recoil system.  Have to see how it goes.  In the mean time looking at the others also.

Thankx for the offers.  Will have to see how the schedule works out.

What time will you be there on Saturday. A work buddy of mine wants to shoot a few clays for the first time and we are going to be at Clinton too. I can bring the Browning for you to test it out.

Actually ran the 1301 Comp w/ 24" barrel today.  Not one FTE, FTF all day.  Pretty good considering three out of five guns were choking on one brand of ammo today.  Fortunately it was the ammo and not the guns, bad rim forming on brass heads, damn Estate.  I would say 250 rounds.  Point of aim is different than other shotguns I own.  Going to take some time to get used to it.  All in all very impressed by it.  Now on to three gun.