MandM

Anybody want a "Ghost Gun"?

So Tennessee Arms (www.tnarmsco.com) has put up pictures of their "Ghost Gun" lower.

They're saying that they should be tweaking the molds and then putting them up on the site for sale tomorrow. I believe they're saying $60 per lower.

I dig the idea of a see-thru lower.... but like most polymer lowers... I'll wait until someone else torture test it before I buy.

Pics here: http://imgur.com/a/sCbC7

Saw that on reddit. They look cool. His lowers are reinforced with metal in all the parts that would wear, which is supposed to make them a bit more durable.

Fyi this shop will also custom engrave lowers for you with any design you send him.

I found 30 rounders in translucent smoke on midway.... I'm sure someone can block 'em, right?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/314079/lancer-systems-l5-awm-advanced-warfighter-magazine-ar-15-223-remington-30-round-polymer-translucent-smoke

And they makes 20's as well...

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/155984/lancer-systems-l5-awm-advanced-warfighter-magazine-ar-15-223-remington-20-round-polymer-translucent-smoke

And there's always that 100-round Beta mag... it comes in clear! :D

I like that there are reinforcements on the stock threads. I feel that's the weakest area of any poly lower.

As far as a clear poly goes, it's an interesting idea. Not my speed but some people might get off on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How would you execute that? But I like that idea.

Fill the drums with dummy/inert rounds, fix the drum spindles in place (remove spring/epoxy in place?)  then plastic weld/epoxy in plates to completely block off the channels that lead to the two drums, and then just set up the vertical center portion as a "regular" magazine with a spring and follower, blocked to 15 rounds.

Fill the drums with dummy/inert rounds, fix the drum spindles in place (remove spring/epoxy in place?) then plastic weld/epoxy in plates to completely block off the channels that lead to the two drums, and then just set up the vertical center portion as a "regular" magazine with a spring and follower, blocked to 15 rounds.

After looking at a beta mag, I wonder if you can remove the 20 round body that joins the two drums, and block it internally from there?

I don't know how those mags are made, but that might be one way to do it?

Call me after they get a couple of years of heavy use through that lower.

Cool looking....yes. I doubt that it will hold up to heavy use or a high round count. I would be impressed if it does.

Disclaimer on their site

" This receiver is only intended as a teaching tool and for product showcase. If regular hard use is intended please purchase one of our Fiber-Reinforced Nylon models. "

Disclaimer on their site

" This receiver is only intended as a teaching tool and for product showcase. If regular hard use is intended please purchase one of our Fiber-Reinforced Nylon models. "

Ahhh, that's good news.

Wasn't able to get on their website to look into it further. Kept giving me a DNS error.

Disclaimer on their site

I missed this post before I posted above...

I bought one.........I just like it, lol..........and it is intended to be built into a firearm. In a conversation on their FB page, they did not recommend it as a duty weapon or for any heavy use, however they are fully confident as a range toy. 

I think I may tear apart one of my kids old "blinky" shoes and re-purpose the LEDs and "shock sensor"...........BANG......blinky blinky blinky..........BANG.........blinky blinky blinky, LOL...........or is that against NJ law somewhere?

I bought one.........I just like it, lol..........and it is intended to be built into a firearm. In a conversation on their FB page, they did not recommend it as a duty weapon or for any heavy use, however they are fully confident as a range toy. 

I think I may tear apart one of my kids old "blinky" shoes and re-purpose the LEDs and "shock sensor"...........BANG......blinky blinky blinky..........BANG.........blinky blinky blinky, LOL...........or is that against NJ law somewhere?

God gave us aluminum for a reason. To hide the evil.