Sign in to follow this  
D. Stallone

Possible issue when it comes time to buy my gun?

The other day, I went to Dicks to buy ammo. The guy behind the counter was hesitant to sell me it because the city on my FID and ID don't match. My FID says Aberdeen and my license says Keyport. He said that normally he can't sell it to me because they don't match. Everything else though, street address, zip code, everything matches but the city. I have went to Dicks before and I have never run into that issue. Will I have that issue when I go buy my gun?

I'd check with the dealer you are going to purchase the gun from to see if he's going to have an issue. If so, probably easier and quicker to change your drivers license address.

Yea, I wad thinking about going to Howell next Friday when I get paid and ask him if he'd would have issue.

And I did try to explain that Keyport is a town in Aberdeen, but the guy was an ass and he didn't really care what I had to say.

Does the zip code listed in your FID match the one in the DL?

I'd use it as a very strong argument that two names basically point to the very same location.

On a side note - I ran into issues with Dick's in NJ once because I have a "change of address" sticker on the back of my DL with my new address on it (same as on my FID). Mind that as per DMV (and all other authorities) "change of address sticker" is a perfectly acceptable way of updating address without replacing the license. Apparently not for some dicks @ Dick's, LOL :)

The other day, I went to Dicks to buy ammo. The guy behind the counter was hesitant to sell me it because the city on my FID and ID don't match. My FID says Aberdeen and my license says Keyport. He said that normally he can't sell it to me because they don't match. Everything else though, street address, zip code, everything matches but the city. I have went to Dicks before and I have never run into that issue. Will I have that issue when I go buy my gun?

And you showed your DL for WHAT reason????????

By the letter of the law, a BLIND MAN who never owned a car could hire a Limo to drive him to a Sporting Goods Store.  After Jeebs gets him into the store, and he props his white cane close to himself, all he has to show is a NJ FID to purchase PISTOL ammo (NO ID what-so-ever is required for long gun ammo).  He doesn't need to have a driver's license.  He doesn't need any further ID.  He doesn't have to even be an American Citizen......

As others have said, get a DL with the CORRECT matching address on it.  Also, and not to nit-pick, BUTTTT, FWIW, Keyport is 07735 and Aberdeen is 07747, SOOOOOOO that means that they DO NOT MATCH!!!!!!!  

Just sayin.......

Dave

Shootist

I only gave my license because he asked for it. Yes, I should have asked, next time I go, I'll make sure to ask why they would need to see it with my FID, And I wasn't going to say no and get into an argument about it, I didn't see a point.

As far as if my zip on my FID, it matches my license. Both have 07735 on them.

And normally, I don't give my money to Dicks for ammo, Howell Gun Works was closed and I had no real choice at the time.

I only gave my license because he asked for it. Yes, I should have asked, next time I go, I'll make sure to ask why they would need to see it with my FID, And I wasn't going to say no and get into an argument about it, I didn't see a point.

As far as if my zip on my FID, it matches my license. Both have 07735 on them.

And normally, I don't give my money to Dicks for ammo, Howell Gun Works was closed and I had no real choice at the time.

Give the guys at Howell a call they are in the shop now I just left there 20 mins ago and they were not that busy

Steve is right, non-issue. In fact ive done some transfers with him and my FID says Shrewsbury Township while my DL says eatontown. same zip code no issues to date. Its just Dick's dicking you around like a bunch of dicks

Well, if Steve says I`ll be ok, than I won`t worry. Although, I`ll still ask when I go, just to make sure.

Just tell him you don't drive  for medical reasons, and leave it at that.  I

I have no idea why I`d say that?

Maybe skip the drama and just buy online?

It would not be worth the money to purchase online.

I went today to Howell and she told me that pretty much as long as my permit matches my FID, I will be fine.

I have no idea why I`d say that? To appease the person who is asking for your DL.

It would not be worth the money to purchase online. It is always cheaper to buy ammo online.

I went today to Howell and she told me that pretty much as long as my permit matches my FID, I will be fine. The FPID will always match your Permit. You can't get a Permit without the PD correcting the FPID.