FishNHard

2 permits and stumped on what to get.

So my 30 day wait is up and I can go and shop for another handgun  currently I have a m&p shield, browning buck mark . SA TRP and a SA MC operator  and I cannot figure out for the life of me what to get next , went to 2 shops today and here's what I saw that look interesting first was the Magnum research baby eagle . 2nd was the H&k P30 and the last 2 were from S&W M&P CORE in 9mm and the S&W 1911PC So out of those are there any to avoid or any to really look into .Thanks

John

Lets hear why?

I got mine because Pizza Bob said so. Just kidding! I wanted a revolver and .357M is what most of my family has for carry (PA) or home defense. They also tend to favor S&Ws as most of my forefathers owned and swore by them. I found a used 686-3 4" while browsing one day, got the clerk to let me hold it and fell in love. It fits my hand well, easy on the eyes and takes two different calibers of ammo. I can stock .38s to practice and have .357M for defense and a once-in-a-while trip to the range. It's easy to disassemble to clean. It's track record goes back far enough to lead me to believe that it will always be made and that spare parts and upgrades will always be offered.

Should I go on?

How about a jersey-legal AR pistol?

They're a real blast to shoot and if you've already got an AR in .223, you've already got the mags and ammo!

carbon.jpg

Look around on the web - they're out there for sale

what's the make and model?

The one in the pic is a Professional Ordnance original "B" model (plain barrel, set-screwed compensator)

The other one I have is a Bushmaster with a fluted stainless barrel, a "D" serial number, and a quick-connect (non-threaded) on the compensator

There are a couple (one of each, in fact) for sale currently on Gunbroker.

(The D model is even in north jersey!)

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=431485274#PIC

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=430711454#PIC

With a single point sling attached to the rear of the lower receiver (around your neck and one shoulder) it holds extremely steady.

Either 2 hands on the pistol grip, or one on the grip and one around the mag.

And hanging at your side, a better trenchcoat gun would be hard to find!

These are quite the attention getters at the range!

The fireball and the report are pretty impressive.

And they both eat my leftover inventory of 62gr Wolf .223 with no problem.

Not as pretty as some other handguns, these are a lot of fun to shoot

How many other handguns can consistently ring an 8" steel at 100yd?

I got mine because Pizza Bob said so. Just kidding! I wanted a revolver and .357M is what most of my family has for carry (PA) or home defense. They also tend to favor S&Ws as most of my forefathers owned and swore by them. I found a used 686-3 4" while browsing one day, got the clerk to let me hold it and fell in love. It fits my hand well, easy on the eyes and takes two different calibers of ammo. I can stock .38s to practice and have .357M for defense and a once-in-a-while trip to the range. It's easy to disassemble to clean. It's track record goes back far enough to lead me to believe that it will always be made and that spare parts and upgrades will always be offered.

Should I go on?

Sounds good to me