ogfarmer

Brick Armory Closed by NJ Div of Taxation ?

This picture was just posted on FB and apparently Brick Armory has been shut down by NJ Div of Taxation

Can anyone who frequents there confirm

Sucks for those of you who are members or had their guns in there.

936670_10154405874060648_187234522362317

Nice... way to go Phil.

So happy I cut all ties when they played games with the two M&Ps I bought. I felt like they needed income to pay for the pistols before I could get them, even though I paid for them in full.

Hope everything works out for those who had stuff there.

This picture was just posted on FB and apparently Brick Armory has been shut down by NJ Div of Taxation

Can anyone who frequents there confirm

Sucks for those of you who are members or had their guns in there.

936670_10154405874060648_187234522362317

Which FB page OG? I didn't see a link in your post, and I didn't see a reference either on BA's FB page nor the NJSP FB page.... :dontknow:

Firearms seized could be of varying types.

1. owned and paid for by BA

2. owned but BA still owed distributors

3. consignments

4. orders that BA took deposits on

5. firearms that were in for gunsmithing

6. owner's private collection

7. guns paid for but had yet to be shipped out

Produce a receipt and explanation and I am sure the NJSP will be happy to assist you right away. :laugh:

I went in there ONCE. Could not believe that I was in the place everyone spoke so glowingly about. I spent two minutes looking at the thrashed ratty guns they had walked out and vowed never to return. While it sucks a range in NJ closed, these guys didn't deserve to stay open. Hope nobody but the principals get screwed, but I doubt it.

Pineracer

I went in there ONCE. Could not believe that I was in the place everyone spoke so glowingly about. I spent two minutes looking at the thrashed ratty guns they had walked out and vowed never to return. While it sucks a range in NJ closed, these guys didn't deserve to stay open. Hope nobody but the principals get screwed, but I doubt it.

Pineracer

This is how I felt about the place when I went there for the first and only time.  It was less than a 5 minute visit.  Place was very 1980's inside.  Half the guns I asked about that were in racks I was told weren't for sale.  Asked about a used 1911 in a display case, and the guy seemed to be bothered by me asking about it. 

There was also a cop in a cop car sitting in the parking lot watching people come and go.  Very odd.

They had this happen a couple years ago, and blamed it on their accountant. That excuse only works once, it seems.

Range for sale, cheap?

It's funny you mention that. I remember the topic from here a few years back. And I remember it being blamed on a tax error. 

I never had a bad tie there or got treated rudely, although I had been forewarned to only buy guns they had in stock. The way they treated Wolfy left a bad taste in my mouth too. 

My biggest gripe was that their range officer was non-existent. I figured out not to go on nights when the Lakewood locals came to demonstrate their poor gun handling skills. I hate getting muzzle swept.

I will say that the young gentleman who was manning the store the Friday night I visited was extremely cordial. He seemed quite sheepish when showing me their "inventory". Hopefully the kid won't be affected by the purported misdeeds of the owner.

Good luck to all invested.

Pineracer

I never used them for anything but a range, so i wont make any comments on the "store" (though i will say they never really had much in stock and i knew not to use them for transfers from this forum).  Never really had any problems with the range part except the fact that there were never really RO's present often.  Though, usually when i went, there was hardly anyone else there, so i didnt worry that much.  And it was only 10 or so minutes away

This annoys me because I wont go to SS, and i cant really afford a membership to CJ right now...  and nowhere else is close..  $%*(&%#$*&%*#$

I wonder what they Division of Taxation will do with the guns they determine the store owned outright? Normally everything the business owned gets auctioned off when the tax man does a seizure, but this being NJ, would they actually do that? or just crush them?