ogfarmer

Brick Armory Closed by NJ Div of Taxation ?

They never had anything in there. And what they did have was junk or over priced. Havent had anything transferred to them in years. The Chambersbridge shop was better. Bought alot from them 8-10 years ago and had my 700P built there. The smith that worked there did a great job. Cant remember his name now.

WOW!! I had been going to them since Phil owned the store on Chambersbridge. First time I went there was in August 2004. Bought a Springfield Armory M1A rifle. Then about 2 years later I bought a Glock 23. Never bought anything from them since they moved to Lakewood. I have been a member on & off, including just purchased a new membership in January this year, so I also have about 6 months left. Is there anyway i can get a prorated refund?? I have a credit card receipt if that helps. Hope Milton & His wife Jamie were not also jammed up, as I really like both of them. 

From who? State of New Jersey?

Do a CC dispute with your CC issuing bank. :unknw:

Even that's ????

If their assets are owned by the State, it's not like the CC company can just do a charge back against the vendor's account. 

It would probably require the CC co to take the hit.

We drove past a local gym that had been shut down for taxes earlier that day and were surprised to see a place that seemed to always be busy had not paid taxes.  My wife commented that they should have just paid the taxes.  And although I agree with her - I pay mine and you pay yours, I see the other side too.

While they should have to pay their taxes, the government shouldn't be taking 30% upfront for just being in business (income tax plus the employer's portion), or 35% if it's a corporation, another 7% on all sales, probably $10 - 20,000 a year on property taxes, fees for fire registrations, elevator inspections, business licenses, and dozens of other taxes, fees, and permits.   

They should pay their taxes but the government sure makes it hard for a business to survive to do so.

Just because a business is shut down due to taxes doesn't mean they weren't paying. It just means the state is claiming they didn't pay them.

My former boss had bank statements showing the state was paid, but NJ didn't have any records. I know that my boss wouldn't be the type to stiff on that, so I'm pretty sure the state screwed something up.

Ahhh, no... if they've gone as far as seizing the property, it is not a simple clerical error with a "missing" payment.

Just because a business is shut down due to taxes doesn't mean they weren't paying. It just means the state is claiming they didn't pay them.

My former boss had bank statements showing the state was paid, but NJ didn't have any records. I know that my boss wouldn't be the type to stiff on that, so I'm pretty sure the state screwed something up.

Silverado. I know you jokin. Sure shot is maybe 2 miles away. Nice people. If you go there and they an attitude Tell them how it is. You cant be serious. Dont be a pussy.

Now that's funny. :)  I will most likely be going to range 14 or shooters for the time being. CJRPC may be in my future. 

I am a member with about 8 months left. I did go to SureShot and they haven't been as friendly as BA was to me. I was going there 3-5 times/month and never a sour face or ignored. True, the guns in stock sucked, but I had my own and I could use my M700 and AR there. When I went to sure shot yesterday, they were catty about them and bad mouthing. Not professional to me. I would still go to SS only out of convenience. Also, BA gave me discounts as a servicemember even before I became a member. SS won't unless I become a member. Also, $38/frangible ammo???? Out of your mind. CJRPC is EXPENSIVE and I requirements are absurd. I want to go shoot, clean up after myself and go home

If anybody on the list is a lawyer or has a lawyer that would partner up, I have a venture capital hook to come up with the money.

But I'm not spending exploritorey money for a lawyer.   I could structure finance.

Maks Interested?

Investment in ranges have interest in today's climate.

What requirements do you speak of? Only requirement is that you maintain membership in the NRA.

Besides the ridiculous amount it takes to join.. I guess there's a meeting requirement yes? Cant think of anything else rather than that huge 800-900 dollar barrier to jump to get in. :)

Besides the ridiculous amount it takes to join.. I guess there's a meeting requirement yes? Cant think of anything else rather than that huge 800-900 dollar barrier to jump to get in.

Only meeting requirement is the new member meeting.

If you attend 4 meetings a year, you get $50 off your annual dues. It's voluntary as are work credits.

Yes, it isn't cheap to join, agree with that, but if you shoot a lot, well worth it in my opinion.

When I joined, the Cap fee was $400 and I feel I got my money's worth in that first year, if I would've moved away, as much as I went.

If anybody on the list is a lawyer or has a lawyer that would partner up, I have a venture capital hook to come up with the money.

But I'm not spending exploritorey money for a lawyer.   I could structure finance.

Maks Interested?

Investment in ranges have interest in today's climate.

i would consider a buyout!!  

Having a trusted member from this community can go a long way with rebuilding BA's image.. then again.. take away their discount and the forums will turn on you like you just screwed their sister. :p

So True........ :laugh: