ogfarmer

Brick Armory Closed by NJ Div of Taxation ?

Is God a bad word around here? Lol

No, this is Our way of respecting Him and not taking His name in vain

After all, We are His chosen people.

...and now I'm off to Sunny Mexico for my younger daughter's destination wedding.

I wonder if I can repatriate any of the F&F guns??

No, this is Our way of respecting Him and not taking His name in vain

After all, We are His chosen people.

...and now I'm off to Sunny Mexico for my younger daughter's destination wedding.

I wonder if I can repatriate any of the F&F guns??

Exactly.   To bear the weight of being chosen, Not easy  LOL

I have never been to this place, or had any interaction with them. But, seeing how this is the second time this has happened, and the abundance of negative experiences from multiple sources, I wouldn't want to take a chance on them if they ever do reopen. I don't think this is negativity or bitterness. I think its just common sense.

While its true we don't want another gun shop to close in NJ, I would rather use my purchases to help out a store doing business the right way, than give my money to one that most likely won't make it because of bad business practices.

I had been a buyer @ Brick since 05. Bought and sold on consignment in the new store until 2010. Finally bailed out because of returned checks by the handful. Finally after 8-10 bounced checks, only cash. Then backed out completely. Meanwhile Phil would buy another boat or Harley, or corvette , or Hummer. The list goes on and on. I went to the same HS as Phil, from the same hometown, But he cannot handle a business! Nice Guy! But should not be in business. Every time I went in the shelves were bare. Not good. Screwed too many people and suppliers.

Can Someone point me in the right direction so I can See why there are so many bitter people.

Many of us long time forum members have had poor experiences at the place and won't do business with them as a result. I don't know if the search function here works well enough, but if you checked "Brick Armory" over the last few years you would unearth a disturbingly large number of stories where people paid up front for guns that never came in. Months would go by, Ultimately they had to demand their money back. Feeling ripped off never engenders goodwill.  Even the people not knocking Brick Armory advocate only buying guns in stock.  

If this thread were about a business that members here had good experiences with, I am sure we would recommend that other members here shop there. What is so difficult to understand about negative feedback?

How does BA keep a customers gun in the safe without checking it in to the books.... What if they had an inspection and had 50 or more extra firearms in the safe..

Book it as gunsmithing? Covers the entry and is definitely not their property.

Not sure that would be legit to THE MAN.

BTW latest update: My customer said the NJSP informed him Brick might be reopening.

That's just asking for trouble (log it in as gunsmithing/repair work, really just storing guns for members)

is this before or after their "renovations"?     :D

I wonder if fees will increase after the "renovations" or if they will make good for it

Did BA open back the fuck up yet.

Someone posted a pic on the BA facebook page showing the door with no letter in it anymore,  10614241_688258861255545_161597339962543

So....no letter from the NJ Div of Tax anymore must mean they sorted it out and are "upgrading" the place or...who knows at this point???

Posts on BA Facebook page claim their site is down and phones are disconnected. But on a positive note the big red tax notice has been taken down.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

Since it appears this place is history I was able to dispute my AMEX charge for the pro rated remainder of my annual dues.  AMEX will refund the money after trying to reach the business.  So anyone who still has time remaining can contact their card provider.

I know this does not help those who had property there but its better than nothing!