ogfarmer

Brick Armory Closed by NJ Div of Taxation ?

Worse....unless I'm mistaken, he collected the state sales tax and didn't send it to the state.

Wow...

the only thing worth bidding there is the tools and i noticed someone did.  the rest is a waste.

Yeah the tools are decent from the pics/list on the auction, if I had floor space I would take that drill press.

Those safes MIGHT have been intact prior to the state seizing the property...

I doubt it from the pics, looks like they were that way for a while.

I can't see why the owner of BA would refuse to provide the combo to the safes and force the State to drill/cut them open (just IMO)

I doubt it from the pics, looks like they were that way for a while.

I can't see why the owner of BA would refuse to provide the combo to the safes and force the State to drill/cut them open (just IMO)

I wonder if the owner was even their when they took the stuff. I can't imagine him being aware of the raid before hand so who knows the state might not have ha a choice.

I guess you've never toured a foreclosed home huh?

Close...our family had a construction company in South Jersey that was seized by the State and office safes, cabinets, etc. were smashed open. We lost around $35 Million in equipment and real estate.

I wonder if the owner was even their when they took the stuff. I can't imagine him being aware of the raid before hand so who knows the state might not have ha a choice.

I would think the Div. of Taxation and NJSP would have showed up at his home the morning of the raid....

I left a message asking Steve Pisani ( NJ Div of Taxation Investigating Agent)  to call me, reference a Saiga rifle I had at Brick Armory when it was closed. He called me on Monday, 8 Sep and told me that the NJ Division of Taxation was working with Brick Armory with the intention of reopening the business if issues could be worked out. If that did not happen he said he would contact me and tell me where I would be able to go to claim and pick up my firearm from a secure location controlled by his office.

working on re-opening the business.. but they just auctioned all the shit off.. lol.. something doesnt work with that equation

Exactly how can he afford to buy new inventory?

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

I left a message asking Steve Pisani ( NJ Div of Taxation Investigating Agent)  to call me, reference a Saiga rifle I had at Brick Armory when it was closed. He called me on Monday, 8 Sep and told me that the NJ Division of Taxation was working with Brick Armory with the intention of reopening the business if issues could be worked out. If that did not happen he said he would contact me and tell me where I would be able to go to claim and pick up my firearm from a secure location controlled by his office.

What I don't understand is under what authority are they holding your property, in this case a firearm.

I realize we aren't talking about normally thinking people, but it would seem to me, all things being equal, that they have confiscated your property and by all rights you should be offered the opportunity, today, to go claim it.

No?

how can the IRS let you claim your firearm while the business is closed, its just not that simple. A nics must be done & the IRS can't do that. Maybe the guns can be transferred to another dealer to do delivery, but also takes time & paperwork and who is going to pay the transfer fee?

Not the IRS but rather the NJ Dept of Taxation.

That aside, I'm sure they can find someone to complete a NICS check if one is necessary to return the mans property.  All they have to do is call the State Police.

Soooo............you want one gov't agency to speak to another gov't agency is what you're sayin? To assist a mere mortal citizen of this PR of NJ......... ;-)

I would tell him I want my shit back NOW, with the way things in PRNJ work you might wait months to get your rifle back.

And BA is trying to re-open? how? they are in debt, state auctioned everything off and they still plan to re-open? I would call BA's bluff and tell the person from NJ Div. of Taxation I want my rifle back NOW.

Info found on the web:   From: NEW JERSEY STATUTES AND CODES 33:1-62 - Return of illegally seized property

33:1-62.  Return of illegally seized property

In case any person shall be deprived of any property, or the possession of any property, under color of any search warrant, except substantially in accordance with the procedure herein set forth, the issuing magistrate, upon timely application therefor, shall require the return of said property, except such property as shall be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be unlawful property.

And also, from the web page:

http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/organization/fieldinv.shtml

"Tax Enforcement involves personal contact with businesses and individuals to explain the progressive steps and actions that will be taken by Field Investigations in order to secure delinquent tax returns and tax underpayments, registrations and licenses. If the taxpayer is not cooperative, the Field Investigator will issue the due process notices required prior to obtaining a Certificate of Debt, an administrative judgment, to protect the State’s interest. With a Certificate of Debt filed with the NJ Superior Court, the Field Investigator will generate a Warrant of Execution in order to act to collect the tax debt. Before the seizure of a vehicle, a liquor license or the business itself, a final warning is given to the taxpayer encouraging payment arrangements. Thereafter, with continued non-compliance, the personal and business assets of the tax debtor are subject to seizure and subsequent sale at public auction. At any point prior to the auction sale, the taxpayer is encouraged to discuss payment options and to formalize a plan to pay the tax debt."