ogfarmer

Brick Armory Closed by NJ Div of Taxation ?

I'd go with proof of ownership of your property as well. If he's not in ask to speak to his supervisor.

This is NJ...ask for a supervisor and the person will hand the phone off to someone else or give you the run around (ie call back).

BTW did anyone notice what looks like a shotgun in one of the gun safes the Republic of NJ has up for auction? I wonder if that is included with the safes lol

Do you know off hand how much the dues and fee are.  :)

The one time fee is now $600, which can be pain in 4 quarterly payments, I believe.

The annual dues are $300.

It is a lot, but if you shoot a lot and plan to be around for a few years, it's worth it.

Great range. Great facilities.

LOOKS LIKE I MAY HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, I HAVE A BFN AIMPOINT PRO . SITTING ON MY MID LENGTH AR JUST WAITING TO GO SHOOTING... :(

There are lots of CJ members on here. If you are interested in joining one of us can guest you in to check out the club and shoot.

Latest info emailed to me from the NJSP:

Currently, all firearms are stored at a Division of Taxation facility.  The Division of Taxation controls the firearms and this process, the New Jersey State Police, Firearms Investigation Unit is only assisting their efforts by providing guidance according to New Jersey Firearms Laws and Administrative Code.  Through your email's and other paperwork we found with the firearms, attempts have been made to separate all of the consignment guns, gunsmithing guns, and guns purchased and awaiting transfer from the actual Brick Armory owned inventory.  Although information provided to you has been minimal since the beginning of this situation, the intent is to provide you with an update the first week of every month to help disseminate any new information.  This process may take longer than expected, subsequently, monthly updates maybe necessary.  Consider this the update for October 2014 and in the event anything of significance is learned prior to the next scheduled update, you will contacted and advised accordingly.   Please be patient as the Division of Taxation understands your concerns and is progressing toward a resolution. 

Numerous phone calls have been received by the Firearms Investigation Unit regarding the issue of permits pending expiration.  The answer for this problem is to extend your permit for an additional 90 days if time allows and/or applying for another permit as it is unknown how long this process may take.  You may email or call with any questions or concerns.

"The answer for this problem is to extend your permit for an additional 90 days if time allows and/or applying for another permit as it is unknown how long this process may take."

uh, these may have already BEEN extended and it may take upwards or 3-6 months to get new ones..  Yeah, you're right, that is a big 'ol :fuckyou: there..  

"The answer for this problem is to extend your permit for an additional 90 days if time allows and/or applying for another permit as it is unknown how long this process may take."

uh, these may have already BEEN extended and it may take upwards or 3-6 months to get new ones..  Yeah, you're right, that is a big 'ol :fuckyou: there..  

He should tell the Firearms Unit "Sure, grant me an extension" and see how that goes...

I would take this to court, if you shoot competitive and cannot access the firearm(s) you legally purchased it could have caused irreversible damage...

court? please.

we'd defend a muslim terrorist before we'd let legal lawful gun owners have their (unlawfully stolen? unlawfully seized?) property back in a timely fashion.

Those firearms should be returned ASAP to the legal owners, delaying the return just shows you how this state feels about firearms.

court? please.

we'd defend a muslim terrorist before we'd let legal lawful gun owners have their (unlawfully stolen? unlawfully seized?) property back in a timely fashion.

And you know if NJSP had weapons at that store they would be returned at the speed of light, civilians in NJ have no 2A rights.

LOOKS LIKE I MAY HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, I HAVE A BFN AIMPOINT PRO . SITTING ON MY MID LENGTH AR JUST WAITING TO GO SHOOTING... :(

I'd guest you if you wanted to come up north maybe with a buddy.

But look at their closing as a favor, you won't shoot that rifle indoors.

Additional info on Brick Armory from NJSP:

Brick Armory and its contents were seized by the New Jersey Division of Taxation on July 31, 2014.  This brought on a unique set of circumstances for the Division of Taxation and the logistics became an issue.  The matter has been forwarded to the State of New Jersey, Office of the Attorney General, by the Division of Taxation legal council for review and legal opinion to determine how certain firearms (I.E. consignment guns, gunsmithing guns and guns paid for but not received by the buyer), may be returned to their owners.  We have no information on how long this process may take or what legal decision will be made by the State of New Jersey, Office of the Attorney General.

Additional info on Brick Armory from NJSP:

Brick Armory and its contents were seized by the New Jersey Division of Taxation on July 31, 2014.  This brought on a unique set of circumstances for the Division of Taxation and the logistics became an issue.  The matter has been forwarded to the State of New Jersey, Office of the Attorney General, by the Division of Taxation legal council for review and legal opinion to determine how certain firearms (I.E. consignment guns, gunsmithing guns and guns paid for but not received by the buyer), may be returned to their owners.  We have no information on how long this process may take or what legal decision will be made by the State of New Jersey, Office of the Attorney General.

In other words, they screwed-up by seizing a gun store without knowing what to do with it all, and now they have to figure a way out of it...

Your Government at work

In other words, they screwed-up by seizing a gun store without knowing what to do with it all, and now they have to figure a way out of it...

Your Government at work

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Welcome to the Garden State!