ogfarmer

Brick Armory Closed by NJ Div of Taxation ?

first of all, I am not an attorney, I am another ffl, a prior member of Brick, and has had several business transactions with them over the years. I agree, the outcome purely sucks, and its actually been almost 4 months. I just offered my services(for free) to try and help out the people, like yourself, that are waiting for their guns.   Unfortunately the tax dept is not public friendly & apparently are going to stand strong on their decision. 

another thought. contact a rep- assemblyman, senator, congressman etc that is 2a friendly (not a democrat) and run it by them, cant hurt. also once you get a few guys together post an adv in the paper seeking others, it will also help make the issue public.

And good on you tj462nj for trying to help in your pro capacity.

Phil will never pay the tax bill. He doesn't have the money and now that he's closed he never will. I wonder how long the state will wait before they realize that and hopefully return these guns back to their rightful owners.

Tony thanks for trying to help.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

Yeah you & i know that ....he will do his used car salesman gift of gab crap & string them along for who knows how long....I still dont see why the hell we cant get my firearms back ....Its not punishing Phil....only his customers

another thought. contact a rep- assemblyman, senator, congressman etc that is 2a friendly (not a democrat) and run it by them, cant hurt. also once you get a few guys together post an adv in the paper seeking others, it will also help make the issue public.

And good on you tj462nj for trying to help in your pro capacity.

Yeah don't call Jeff Van Drew (D) after all he's not firearm friendly. :facepalm:

I was at the range the day before they closed.  I was logging in and phil walked by so i said hi how's it going, He said he  was living the dream. !!! then he said how about you, I laughed to my self,  and said not quite the dream but i'm working on it. :)

the tax dept is not going to sell off firearms , they would have done that already if that was their intentions. Phil knows that if there is anyway to get the people their guns, that I will assist in the process to make it happen, he has nothing to gain at this point by them holding the guns.

Are you a business partner of his or his lawyer?

Yeah don't call Jeff Van Drew (D) after all he's not firearm friendly. :facepalm:

My most humble apologies. 1 or a few exceptions out of how many across the entire state? :facepalm:

Also another possible venue for help is one of the free phone calls to the lawyers listed in the ANJRPC newsletter. Have a few fuys call a few of them, again cant hurt and its free.

Guys, a bunch of you are pissed and understandably so. BUT be careful not to displace your anger and frustration on the wrong people. Tony, JT, myself and others are not just dealers, we are part of the shooting community and have intervened on behalf of said community to try and help out our brothers. So don't mistake that helping hand as any kind of association with Brick Armory outside of trying to help its former patrons. I don't think there is a single individual here that condones what has taken place. But none of us can change what has happened to you. The only thing we can do is try and offer a helping hand if at all possible.

As Shane has said, there's a lot of broad brush painting going on here.  Please, focus your ire on those who (rightly) deserve it.  In this case, it was not the counter employees, anyone that has tried to help in any way, but simply the OWNER.  Oh, and the NJ Div of Taxation who already are licensed extortionists anyway.  Did you expect mercy from these goons?

Understood & as for myself I offer my apologies for any misunderstandings .... However the purpose of my posts were to get in contact with as many of the people who had their weapons taken. Thus far not too successful ...Please urge anyone that you all may know to PM me so i can be more than one voice. Thank you all in advance

Why not post a sign on the door of Brick Armory, or leave a post on their facebook page?

Paul the owners have not responded to any Facebook inquiries since this started. It's like they dropped off the planet.

Who is John Galt?

You guys should at least take to social media, contact the newspapers, etc. Sounds like they seized your property for someone else's debt. The example of your car in pep boys is pretty spot on.

Sounds like it would make a really good story for News12NJ

Paul the owners have not responded to any Facebook inquiries since this started. It's like they dropped off the planet.

Who is John Galt?

Actually, my comment was for tattooo regarding the below.

Understood & as for myself I offer my apologies for any misunderstandings .... However the purpose of my posts were to get in contact with as many of the people who had their weapons taken. Thus far not too successful ...Please urge anyone that you all may know to PM me so i can be more than one voice. Thank you all in advance

By posting something, others that are looking for their items have someone wanting to organize a list and actually do something.

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:21 PM

Downtownv, on 11 Sept 2014 - 7:11 PM, said:snapback.png

I called Steve Pissani for 4 straight days not ONE return call!

Try his email: [email protected]

OR send a letter via Certified Mail to:

Steven Pisani, Investigator
New Jersey Division of Taxation
Neptune Regional Office
1828 West Lake Ave
Neptune, NJ 07753

I visited with Mr. Pisani today..... He was very professional, friendly and a genuine nice guy. He told me what he could, They are in touch with The Brick Armory attorney and feel optimistic they will pay what's owed. What the owner does with the place is another matter. They could re-open or sell the business.

I do not have any firearms there, but I did ask about those who do. He said that they are in the process of identifying what belongs to whom, arranging for an ffl to return them to the rightful owners and the ffl paperwork to be completed by the assigned FFL. Hope this alleviates SOME of you guys frustrations, he did indicate he knows the trouble this is causing you.

I happen to have non firearms property there and he told me Phil is still in possession of my stuff.

Does anyone have any contact info on Phil or his attorney?

BTW Phil is the ONLY owner of this business, there is no partners listed on this business.

Hope this helps answer some questions.