ogfarmer

Brick Armory Closed by NJ Div of Taxation ?

Additional info on Brick Armory from NJSP:

Brick Armory and its contents were seized by the New Jersey Division of Taxation on July 31, 2014.  This brought on a unique set of circumstances for the Division of Taxation and the logistics became an issue.  The matter has been forwarded to the State of New Jersey, Office of the Attorney General, by the Division of Taxation legal council for review and legal opinion to determine how certain firearms (I.E. consignment guns, gunsmithing guns and guns paid for but not received by the buyer), may be returned to their owners.  We have no information on how long this process may take or what legal decision will be made by the State of New Jersey, Office of the Attorney General.

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE ASSHOLES THAT ORCHESTRATED THIS ^^^^^^^^ SHIT-SHOW SHOULD BE FIRED!

(Yes, caps was left on intentionally)

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE ASSHOLES THAT ORCHESTRATED THIS ^^^^^^^^ SHIT-SHOW SHOULD BE FIRED!

It will never happen, someone at NJ Div. of Taxation will say "oh, sorry we never did this before..." or something along those lines.

Fired?  In this state they will be looking at promotions!

Went there twice...

Once to shoot with friends; was in the middle of showing his wife how to shoot the AR when the RO decided to step in, tell me I was doing it all wrong and proceed to place her completely bladed with her elbow up.  I politely told him to fuck off and never touch my firearms without my permission again.

Second time was to sell a POS Thumb-Hole Stock AK that I bought on a whim and had no more use for.  They gave me shit money for it, but it was doing nothing for me so I might as well get some $ for it.

They guys working the counter were the biggest douchenozzles ever.  You won't see me crying over BA going belly up.

I do feel bad for anyone having property there tho... 

I am livid and have held back this whole time..... i had 2 firearms there and want everyone on here who had firearms there to contact me as i am going to contact the NRA and or try to put together a class action suit against the state...... I asked taxation sarcastically that if they seized a pep boys garage and my truck was getting an oil change that day that they just keep it indefinitely and give you some bull$h!t email full of no answers ?????? Again i dient get a straight answer !

I don't see anybody getting their membership $$ back. It's a mess.

Bank of America has already refunded me and is having chat with owner's bank so they get refunded. Told me investigation could take 45 days and let me know outcome

As for alex v s comment i couldn't disagree more....all the guys with the exception of the jerk @ff owner & his partner were extremely nice helpful knowledgeable & above all polite.....they were the ONLY reason people kept doing business there and many of them became personal friends of mine

Phil is never going to pay that tax bill nor does he have a means to do so .....our best bet it to get the NRA's influence & deep pockets involved to get on the Attorney generals ass....hopefully the negative press will get our firearms that are our PERSONAL property back

Note to self, never use debit cards for memberships. BofA told me the 60 days thing. I was at 4-5 months in and still doing the investigation and refunded me.

All cards, credit or debit, have a window for when you can file a chargeback.  AMEX is the most liberal and aggressive though which is why I tend to put first time purchases on my AMEX as they bend over backwards to keep their members happy.

Please let anyone you know that had a firearm there to pm me.... I know there was 71 total but dont know their names

Your saying there are 71 people who had their guns taken/stolen/confiscated?!  holy shit thats a lot. I hope you all get your act together. start with a blitz of editorials to any papers that will publish them. Call the news stations and get the story aired, especially the local NJ ones. Start getting this bs out in the open. Call ANJRPC, NJ2AF, SAF.....even the ACLU(haha) start loading for bear. This isnt just about guns, its about peoples personal property being stolen.

first off, peoples guns weren't stolen, all assets(which includes inventory, unfortunately mostly guns) are being held until all taxes are paid. I contacted Phil to see if I could possibly help with delivering the guns to the people that are due, but the tax people want nothing to do with until their monies are paid. Its just a waiting game til this happens

No disrespect at all but call it what you will, that debt is not going to ever get paid....if you know Phil then you would know that ....and bricks inventory tools safes targets etc has already been sold on govdeals.org. That being said & if what you say is true then we will not get our personal property back which is not that of brick armory nor is it their asset to be used or held toward his debt.

So if my car was at a pep boys and they got seized for back taxes .... NJ can just keep my vehicle indefinitely until or if it even gets paid when it is not the property of the said business ? That is absurd and i think that some negative press & media coverage is going to be the only way to be heard and not treated like a 2nd rate citizen & suffer from someone elses problems.

the tax dept is not going to sell off firearms , they would have done that already if that was their intentions. Phil knows that if there is anyway to get the people their guns, that I will assist in the process to make it happen, he has nothing to gain at this point by them holding the guns. 

I will assume you are his attorney ..... it does not matter to me that they are not selling MY expensive accessorized firearm that i bought for an upcoming competition & since had to spend more money for another firearm in the mean time ...the fact of the matter is I DONT have it because of Phils problems and have NO idea when or if i will get it back. Again if taxation had your car like my previous example for a garage that was seized ....would you be so calm about it..... it has been over 2 months & i am fed up....I am putting a list together of everyone else who has their guns in the taxations facility to contact any paler tv nra etc that will get tbe AG offices & or Governors attention