ogfarmer

Brick Armory Closed by NJ Div of Taxation ?

I still have about 6 months left on my membership too. I never had any problems there either but really only use the range too and most of the time I go there, its only me and maybe 2 or 3 more shooters. Hope we get answers sometime soon about whats gonna happen.

I never used them for anything but a range, so i wont make any comments on the "store" (though i will say they never really had much in stock and i knew not to use them for transfers from this forum). Never really had any problems with the range part except the fact that there were never really RO's present often. Though, usually when i went, there was hardly anyone else there, so i didnt worry that much. And it was only 10 or so minutes away

This annoys me because I wont go to SS, and i cant really afford a membership to CJ right now... and nowhere else is close.. $%*(&%#$*&%*#$

We can guest u in at CJ.

For anyone who's curious if it'll be back any time soon, I doubt it.

Some may remember a few months ago I lost my job at a Christian gift store, it was the same thing. One day the state put up a notice, changed the locks, and we were all SOL. Odds are the place will be closed for quite a while for lengthy legal battles.

We drove past a local gym that had been shut down for taxes earlier that day and were surprised to see a place that seemed to always be busy had not paid taxes.  My wife commented that they should have just paid the taxes.  And although I agree with her - I pay mine and you pay yours, I see the other side too.

While they should have to pay their taxes, the government shouldn't be taking 30% upfront for just being in business (income tax plus the employer's portion), or 35% if it's a corporation, another 7% on all sales, probably $10 - 20,000 a year on property taxes, fees for fire registrations, elevator inspections, business licenses, and dozens of other taxes, fees, and permits.   

They should pay their taxes but the government sure makes it hard for a business to survive to do so.

I bailed out of there a few years ago. Too many rubber checks on consignment guns! Phil had the Hummer, Vet, 2 harleys, 2 boats, WTF! and no guns for sale in Gunstore! Feel bad for Milton, mortgaged his house to buy in with a Scumbag.

I bailed out of there a few years ago. Too many rubber checks on consignment guns! Phil had the Hummer, Vet, 2 harleys, 2 boats, WTF! and no guns for sale in Gunstore! Feel bad for Milton, mortgaged his house to buy in with a Scumbag.

Milton was a bigger scumbag than Phil.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

I haven't gone there since 2009. What is the saying about wallowing with the pigs? Pretty soon you are snorting like one! Guess Milton went to wallow with the pigs!

Phil was the orig. owner on Chambersbridge. Milton bought in when Phil moved to indus. park. Milton was an armed federal  security  at earle. Should have stayed there.

I guess there will be a Range for sale @ auction! New owners would make a positive change.

Maybe we all pitch-in a few bucks and take over the place!

I was there about three days ago and didnt have squat. Maybe ten or so pistol and a couple norincos. Kinda got the feeling they were going out of the gun selling business. Did a few transfers there before and wow did they screw them up. Doesnt bother me at all.

Do I hear a group buy starting here??? The NJ Gun Forum Shooting Range??? I'm in!

I'm starting it, I gotz me one of dem triangle or pentagon accounts or some such.  You all MUST pay with a credit card.  Minimum buy in is $10,000.

Do you take AMEX? haha...

Pentagon Federal Credit Union has some create interest rates right now!

I'm starting it, I gotz me one of dem triangle or pentagon accounts or some such.  You all MUST pay with a credit card.  Minimum buy in is $10,000.

If Brick Armory had run a deal like that, perhaps the sign from the State wouldn't be in the front window...

I was a member there a few years ago. Never renewed. Didnt care for it much. Not a fan of indoor ranges much and I have been a member at SS and RAF. Maybe they lost a lot of memebers to CJ.

Maybe they lost customers to their customer service and ways in which they did (or didn't) do business?