ogfarmer

Brick Armory Closed by NJ Div of Taxation ?

I don't agree that $25 transfer is a killer. It may be a loss leader but I doubt vendors are losing money on them. Best of all, it is a lead. With a range the money is in walk ons, rentals, and rental ammo sales. Plus classes. The memberships and gun sales are not huge money centers, but they provide the consistent income.

The lack of accounting is what killed it.

Do I hear a group buy starting here??? The NJ Gun Forum Shooting Range??? I'm in!

I was listening to the radio this morning about ridiculous Kickstarter projects and this one guy raised $55k to make potato salad, yes I said that correctly. So if you guys really wanted to I am sure you could do something to fund this.

Produce a receipt and explanation and I am sure the NJSP will be happy to assist you right away. :laugh:

Yep, they are going to assist you all right. Right into the back of a cruiser.

maybe this is a stupid question, but why would the NJSP assist you "right into the back of a cruiser" if you produce documentation to prove that you are the owner of any firearm that was removed from Brick Armory. Especially if you have your pink copy of the P2P.? just asking, not trying to start anything. thankfully I do not have to worry about it personally as I did not have any firearms there. that place was a 100% total DUMP shit hole. no lose that BA is gone, & probably never to be back.   

maybe this is a stupid question, but why would the NJSP assist you "right into the back of a cruiser" if you produce documentation to prove that you are the owner of any firearm that was removed from Brick Armory. Especially if you have your pink copy of the P2P.? just asking, not trying to start anything. thankfully I do not have to worry about it personally as I did not have any firearms there. that place was a 100% total DUMP shit hole. no lose that BA is gone, & probably never to be back.   

I doubt NJSP would do that, most of the Troopers I know would lend a hand in helping someone out IF all paperwork was in order for the firearms.

I would contact the NJSP Firearms Unit or visit a Troop Barracks and show my paperwork (IE I purchased the firearm/I am the owner) and I'm sure they could figure out a way to release the firearm, remeber, this could take time and in this state weeks can turn into months.

Again I can't see NJSP refusing to release firearms to the rightful owner or have them sent to another FFL at the owners expense.

Yep, they are going to assist you all right. Right into the back of a cruiser.

If the firearms are legal and you are not a felon or a person phohibited from owning a firearm in NJ and can produce paperwork for the firearms, why would NJSP detain and or arrest you?

The local cops around here can be a real pain the in ass, the State Troopers do things by the book while local PD's like to make things up as the go along (some local PD's, not all but some).

Look how they're treating that guy up in North Jersey.  He gets stabbed, now the local police are running HIM thru the wringer.

This ?: http://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/2014/08/police_weapons_gunpowder_ammo_seized_at_saddle_brook_home_after_stabbing.html

The guy stabbed his wife, the cops show up and search the house. Lesson? Don't stab your wife?!?!?!

EDIT: The wife stabbed him, lesson? NEVER GET MARRIED!

Guys, understand that the NJSP FIU reached out to express the offer to assist those looking to re-acquire their property. They didn't need to do anything. I can say as a matter of FACT that there are some really good guys in that unit. Lets leave it at that.

A lot of folks put the NJSP FIU down, some of those guys are great and have gone above and beyond to help others in the past.

People, always remember...they just enforce the law not everyone at NJSP FIU agrees with the law.

I'm glad they are helping people recover firearms that were at Brick :)

Guys, it was simply a joke. I think you either took it a little too seriously, or I might not have said it in a humorous way. Regardless, there is no need to read into it any more than me trying to make a few of you laugh.

I hope everyone who is legally entitled to their firearms gets them back quickly and uneventfully.

Guys, it was simply a joke. I think you either took it a little too seriously, or I might not have said it in a humorous way. Regardless, there is no need to read into it any more than me trying to make a few of you laugh.

I hope everyone who is legally entitled to their firearms gets them back quickly and uneventfully.

All is well, no worries :)

Have a good morning Gus I'm out of here off to work

Guys, understand that the NJSP FIU reached out to express the offer to assist those looking to re-acquire their property. They didn't need to do anything. I can say as a matter of FACT that there are some really good guys in that unit. Lets leave it at that.

I 100% agree with Shane. 

I posted about the FIU asking for gun owners to contact them because they asked me to inform the gun owners.

When I hear stories like "my customer called and it wasn't all that easy" I have to say nobody said it was going to

painless. These are GUNS; the NJSP have to do there due diligence to make sure everything is legal, and I'm sure 

there is more to the story (like the gun owner doesn't have his receipt / permit. ect.)

So let's stop all the speculation and bashing and hope that the original owners all get their firearms back as quickly

as possible......................

When I hear stories like "my customer called and it wasn't all that easy" I have to say nobody said it was going to

painless.

Calling the NJSP as a Gun store is quite different then calling as a Customer.  Nothing is painless but from my customers comments  "painless" would not be how he felt or was made to feel... He was pretty much told you might get your firearms back.  "MIGHT"  might is far from painless, Might means he is left with the understanding that his firearms just might be gone.  If i had 4k in firearms at BA i would feel plenty of pain.

This is not the NJSP's fault its how BA worded the storage paperwork.  Since BA's storage service gave them full access to the firearm and the customer had no access without BA giving it them is the issue i think.   The NJ Division of tax might consider those firearms property of BA. who knows.

How does BA keep a customers gun in the safe without checking it in to the books.... What if they had an inspection and had 50 or more extra firearms in the safe.. 

Agree i never had issues with anyone in the FIU, always seemed like stand up guys to me.

I happened to glance at the TV last night as my wife was watching HONJ, and saw the words Brick Armory appear. Upon watching, I saw Phil or was it Milton, and two people shooting at their range. I know it was taped 6 months ago, but it was a strange coincidence to see.

You know Joe Blow Citizen is going to be treated poorly by the NJSP. It is a mentality that has been drilled into them since the academy. This Holier-than-Thou condescending attitude runs rampant. Unless you are one of the boys, anything they do is none of your business.

You know Joe Blow Citizen is going to be treated poorly by the NJSP. It is a mentality that has been drilled into them since the academy. This Holier-than-Thou condescending attitude runs rampant. Unless you are one of the boys, anything they do is none of your business.

I know your joking and this is why we love you LOL.

My customer was not treated poorly he was just told his the facts as they were Last Monday. 

I assume that's me? The people who had firearms there and those who are members have every reason to be upset. I'm a member. However, the personal attacks here are rampant. Those who could have handled the business better didn't. Open your own range. God knows we need more. Preferably in Monmouth County if you would.

Now, had I the resources(read money), I'd Make an indoor 50yd and outdoor range with cameras embedded into the track system/target markers so that you can see your shots without wasting time pulling the target back and forth and a monitor on the side of the stall do you can see your shots. Several sonic cleaners so people can clean their firearms while grabbing a bite to eat after shooting, and a gun store in the front (ran by Steve) in case you want a new gun to take home. A tactical tailor to make custom soft cases etc... membership capped at $500 and range open till 10pm. Allow high caliber rifles etc. Nice dream.