ogfarmer

Brick Armory Closed by NJ Div of Taxation ?

The remodeling of his bank account to the state probably went well for the state

Could be, the BA page by the former employees is interesting to say the least...BA hasn't returned calls/texts from the employees and the owner is MIA with not a single word being said.

You would think BA would release a statement?

Could be, the BA page by the former employees is interesting to say the least...BA hasn't returned calls/texts from the employees and the owner is MIA with not a single word being said.

You would think BA would release a statement?

After everything that has been said on just this thread alone (lack of customer service, consignment issues, multiple tax issues, etc.), this guy would have the biggest balls in history to reopen the place himself.

He isn't going to speak to anyone, including the employees, because any statement he makes is going to be followed by 1000 comments of:

"Where's my ____________  mother f*er."

a. money

b. paycheck

c. firearm

d. enter your own choice here

The only way they can reopen and have even a slim chance of making it is with new owners, a new name, and a new attitude.

Nope, as stated above he would need big balls to open back up, well people like that have ego and ignorance. ends up with the same results as having big balls. He probably will open back up again if he can satisfy the taxman.

I assume that's me? The people who had firearms there and those who are members have every reason to be upset. I'm a member. However, the personal attacks here are rampant. Those who could have handled the business better didn't. Open your own range. God knows we need more. Preferably in Monmouth County if you would.

I wish it were that easy.  I have an investor (me and a few others) and a manager (FFL and instructor) who knows who else to hire on board to staff the facility.  We also scouted several vacant buildings that would be suitable in the Mercer County area.  He feels that any town would pounce on the potential ratable.  I have my doubts.  The regulation and public protest d-bags would bog down the approval for years.  Not to mention the cost to hire legal help, architectural, ventilation, inspections, and other paperwork and hard equipment outlay.  The list is endless, and no guarantee that all the initial outlay for the paperwork will ever bear fruit, or at least it will take 3 years of process to even reach the point of opening the doors even if nobody lodged any complaints.

There isn't really anything already built, structural-wise, that isn't already near enough to an existing house to squeak it through the approvals process.  So the only other option is a remote field around here that is far enough away from anyone to built new.  It can be had, but then you add on the construction cost (and more paperwork) and you are in the multimillion range before you see a dime.

The BA facility actually might be a great option, given all that, because it is already fully functional, facility-wise.

But in the end, I pay my $60 per year and shoot at Range 14.  It ain't fancy, but I can shoot anything I want with little hassle.

Per the website:

New Jersey Division of Taxation
Public Auction of Seized Property

Under the authority granted in N.J.S.A. 54:49-13a and R.S. 33:1-26, the property to be sold was seized for unpaid State taxes due from:

Phillip Amaro Inc.
DBA: Brick Armory
1955 Swarthmore Ave
Lakewood, NJ 08701

PROPERTY FOR SALE:
gun accessories, machinery, tools, safes & furniture

LOCATION OF SALE:
www.govdeals.com/NJDivisionOfTaxation

DATE AND TIME: September 8, 2014 – September 15, 2014 

MINIMUM BID: $500 for Lots#1, 2, 3.   $350 for Lot#4

PAYMENT TERMS:

OTHER CONDITIONS:
  • The State reserves the right to receive or reject all bids.       
  • This property is sold subject to any and all legal encumbrances.
  • This property is sold “as is”.
  • This sale may be postponed or cancelled at the discretion of the State.
  • Buyer is responsible for removal of entire lot, by appointment only.

FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING THIS SALE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM:

Steven Pisani-Investigator-(732-869-8069)
New Jersey Division of Taxation,
 Neptune Regional Office
1828 W. Lake Ave. Neptune, NJ 07753   

I wish it were that easy.  I have an investor (me and a few others) and a manager (FFL and instructor) who knows who else to hire on board to staff the facility.  We also scouted several vacant buildings that would be suitable in the Mercer County area.  He feels that any town would pounce on the potential ratable.  I have my doubts.  The regulation and public protest d-bags would bog down the approval for years.  Not to mention the cost to hire legal help, architectural, ventilation, inspections, and other paperwork and hard equipment outlay.  The list is endless, and no guarantee that all the initial outlay for the paperwork will ever bear fruit, or at least it will take 3 years of process to even reach the point of opening the doors even if nobody lodged any complaints.

There isn't really anything already built, structural-wise, that isn't already near enough to an existing house to squeak it through the approvals process.  So the only other option is a remote field around here that is far enough away from anyone to built new.  It can be had, but then you add on the construction cost (and more paperwork) and you are in the multimillion range before you see a dime.

The BA facility actually might be a great option, given all that, because it is already fully functional, facility-wise.

But in the end, I pay my $60 per year and shoot at Range 14.  It ain't fancy, but I can shoot anything I want with little hassle.

There was an article in the Asbury Park  Press last  October about the Fort Monmouth pistol range being for sale.  Apparently it was just constructed in 2011, just before the base closing (of course).  I'll be one of the first members if anyone wants to pick that one up. 

http://atl.gmnews.com/news/2013-10-29/Front_Page/Fort_pistol_range_firehouse_up_for_sale.html

Per the website:

New Jersey Division of Taxation

Public Auction of Seized Property

Under the authority granted in N.J.S.A. 54:49-13a and R.S. 33:1-26, the property to be sold was seized for unpaid State taxes due from:

Phillip Amaro Inc.

DBA: Brick Armory

1955 Swarthmore Ave

Lakewood, NJ 08701

PROPERTY FOR SALE:

gun accessories, machinery, tools, safes & furniture

LOCATION OF SALE:

www.govdeals.com/NJDivisionOfTaxation

DATE AND TIME: September 8, 2014 – September 15, 2014 

MINIMUM BID: $500 for Lots#1, 2, 3.   $350 for Lot#4

PAYMENT TERMS:

OTHER CONDITIONS:

• The State reserves the right to receive or reject all bids.       
  • This property is sold subject to any and all legal encumbrances.
  • This property is sold “as is”.
  • This sale may be postponed or cancelled at the discretion of the State.
  • Buyer is responsible for removal of entire lot, by appointment only.

FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING THIS SALE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM:

Steven Pisani-Investigator-(732-869-8069)

New Jersey Division of Taxation,

Neptune Regional Office

1828 W. Lake Ave. Neptune, NJ 07753        

Is there any way to tell what is in the lots?

Is there any way to tell what is in the lots?

No, we only know that on the 8th the bidding will begin on GovDeal with gun accessories, machinery, tools, safes & furniture

No way to know what the accessories are, the tools, what type of safes and furniture, etc.

They might have some nice stuff, and the public can bid on it you just have to remove it.

EDIT: On the 8th you should be able to see photos of the lots along with better descriptions.

When bidding starts there will be a description of the lot.

I could use a couple big ass safes lol.

As far as accessories go I stopped in there to look for a holster I needed last minute and they had next to nothing on the wall. That was about a week before they shut down.

When bidding starts there will be a description of the lot.

I could use a couple big ass safes lol.

As far as accessories go I stopped in there to look for a holster I needed last minute and they had next to nothing on the wall. That was about a week before they shut down.

I could use some too, but I need a bigger house lol

Those safes (if they are a decent brand) could be a good buy