ogfarmer

Brick Armory Closed by NJ Div of Taxation ?

There was an article in the Asbury Park Press last October about the Fort Monmouth pistol range being for sale. Apparently it was just constructed in 2011, just before the base closing (of course). I'll be one of the first members if anyone wants to pick that one up.

http://atl.gmnews.com/news/2013-10-29/Front_Page/Fort_pistol_range_firehouse_up_for_sale.html

Needs to be re zoned for commercial use. Town seems to be reluctant to have a private entity take it over.

Needs to be re zoned for commercial use. Town seems to be reluctant to have a private entity take it over.

Government is its own worst enemy.

The housing that at one point was viable (and could have easily been turned into low income housing) is now an eyesore.  Buildings which are unoccupied for long periods of time deteriorate quickly, even if appropriately mothballed.  The town could have been collecting good taxes on much of these properties...

Oh well.  It's just another sign of the deterioration of America IMO.

Government is its own worst enemy.

The housing that at one point was viable (and could have easily been turned into low income housing) is now an eyesore. Buildings which are unoccupied for long periods of time deteriorate quickly, even if appropriately mothballed. The town could have been collecting good taxes on much of these properties...

Oh well. It's just another sign of the deterioration of America IMO.

I lived in Eatontown at the time they discussed turning this into low income housing and the residents didn't want that. So it wasn't the government that made that decision.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

I agree, It would take a lot of work to part out that $500 worth of "stuff" and get back anything close to worth the time it would take.  

Im sure the tools are worth it though to the right person. Although not the highest quality at all, $500 for a full work shop would be cool.  

........but where's the steel silhouette target and the rickety wooden stool? and the guns........what happens to the guns? Does the NJSP just split them up among themselves as consolation prizes?

I agree, It would take a lot of work to part out that $500 worth of "stuff" and get back anything close to worth the time it would take.  

Im sure the tools are worth it though to the right person. Although not the highest quality at all, $500 for a full work shop would be cool.  

........but where's the steel silhouette target and the rickety wooden stool? and the guns........what happens to the guns? Does the NJSP just split them up among themselves as consolation prizes?

They may need a new source...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/abcfusion-investigation-military-guns-missing-police-agencies/story?id=25185891

I dont think you would feel that way if you were a member with "X amount" of months left on your membership. Those folks got screwed, I feel for them. 

Keep in mind this business did not pay their taxes........they broke the law. 

Yep they broke the law, so why support criminals? the people that paid in cash for a membership are screwed and I feel sorry for them but for those that paid with a credit card call the card company and file a dispute/charge.

I would feel that way, tommyfeds, since I only charge memberships to a card in the event the company goes under.

I guess you could look at it that way...............but the theory is Uncle Sam has a fire sale, someone gets a good deal and the gub'ment recoups some of what was owed to them. 

Unless you're referring to the gub'ment being criminals..............in that case Ill agree with you ;-)

OH and I looked closer at those "safes" and dang! A pad lock? on a $2 shackle from Harbor Freight is all that was keeping people out! Couldnt even pay a locksmith to rekey the darn things! I agree totally with ....

snapback.png

junk junk n more junk  

phill knew they were coming for him,thats why the place was always empty

I dont think you would feel that way if you were a member with "X amount" of months left on your membership. Those folks got screwed, I feel for them. 

Keep in mind this business did not pay their taxes........they broke the law. 

Worse....unless I'm mistaken, he collected the state sales tax and didn't send it to the state.

I guess you could look at it that way...............but the theory is Uncle Sam has a fire sale, someone gets a good deal and the gub'ment recoups some of what was owed to them. 

Unless you're referring to the gub'ment being criminals..............in that case Ill agree with you ;-)

OH and I looked closer at those "safes" and dang! A pad lock? on a $2 shackle from Harbor Freight is all that was keeping people out! Couldnt even pay a locksmith to rekey the darn things! I agree totally with ....

snapback.png

Uncle Sam is a criminal ;)

Yes those safes are jerry rigged, if someone broke in to BA they could open "safe" in under a minute. I'm suprised the ATF and NJ Gestapo allow a sh&ty harbour freight shackle and lock which a kid could remove to protect firearms...

Nothing in those lots is worth bidding on, he knew they (State) were going to get him one day and made sure when they did nothing of value would be inside, IMO