mrg455

Raffle to benefit the Kyle Family

There is a raffle that just started today. Tickets are $10 each and all proceeds go straight to the Kyle family. The prizes are phenomenal, and still increasing. The winners will be announced at ShotShow, no need to be present.

http://www.americansnipers.org/shop/kyle-raffle.html

Aren't there other military widows who could use the money a whole lot more?

I mean, everyone is free to do what they want with their money, but you do realize that Taya Kyle is millionaire who, even if the jury award stands, will still be a millionaire?

The book alone has pulled in $3 in royalties. And after the film comes out, will probably rack up another couple of million.

Then there are the movie rights, which aren't known yet since the total value is calculated as a percentage (2-3%) of the final budget (i.e. $50 million dollar film = $1.5-$2 mil in rights fees)

And if the deal was structured right, some additional money on the back end.

Plus what she stands to win in her own lawsuit against Chris Kyle's business partners.

I'm just saying, this ain't your average poor widow struggling to pay the light bill,

I mean, everyone is free to do what they want with their money, but you do realize that Taya Kyle is millionaire who, even if the jury award stands, will still be a millionaire?

The book alone has pulled in $3 in royalties. And after the film comes out, will probably rack up another couple of million.

Then there are the movie rights, which aren't known yet since the total value is calculated as a percentage (2-3%) of the final budget (i.e. $50 million dollar film = $1.5-$2 mil in rights fees)

Plus what she stands to win in her own lawsuit against Chris Kyle's business partners.

I'm just saying, this ain't your average poor widow struggling to pay the light bill,

well said.....there are far better options

Hit the nail on the head.

Some of JV's lawsuit money is going to be paid by the Publisher of the book. They have insurance for slander lawsuits.

So basically it's a "screw you" kyle family. Chris , No one gives a crap (forget what you did for your country) that you made provisions in your life to make sure that your family not only carried on, but thrived. And how dare anyone try to help you out when you lose the lawsuit that was brought against you. Furthermore Taya, how dare you speak of keeping the 3 charities your husband started going.

I don't care who you donate, or don't donate to, but don't try to sit on a high horse how the Kyle family doesn't deserve these donations. Taya and her children have sacrificed more then most of us here, combined!

So basically it's a "screw you" kyle family. Chris , No one gives a crap (forget what you did for your country) that you made provisions in your life to make sure that your family not only carried on, but thrived. And how dare anyone try to help you out when you lose the lawsuit that was brought against you. Furthermore Taya, how dare you speak of keeping the 3 charities your husband started going.

I don't care who you donate, or don't donate to, but don't try to sit on a high horse how the Kyle family doesn't deserve these donations. Taya and her children have sacrificed more then most of us here, combined!

Is that how you read Alpo's statement? Because it isn't how I read it. No one is saying screw the Kyle family. What we are saying is the family will be in a good, possibly great, financial position even after the payment to JV is made. Why donate money to someone who is a millionaire when there are other families of vets struggling? Seems like common sense to me. 

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.  He only pointed out that the kyle family is not worrying if the lights or heat are being turned off tomorrow. There are plenty of Wives that are.

The kyle family has our moral support, They have our Respect but might not really need our money as much as others.

Yeah, that's not what I meant.

But there are a lot of really needy vet families who should be our priority.

My family tries to do its part and through that we've seen a lot mil families in need and I think they should be our priority.

Just trying to point that out.

My family tries to do its part and through that we've seen a lot mil families in need and I think they should be our priority.

The kyle family has our moral support, They have our Respect but might not really need our money as much as others.

100% agree. They have a good support network; they don't need Internet white knights.

I didn't read the book...but I also didn't write it.  I really don't care that Jesse Ventura's feelings got hurt, either.

But if the family doesn't need the money, why are you running the raffle?  Does Taya and the family even know you're running the raffle?  I would think it better to run it to benefit the sniper assn as a whole, and not one individual.

And you might want to check six...you're on a pretty high horse, yourself.