BillC.

Feltman Coney Island Pneumatic machine gun . . . . legal?

OK another is this legal thread.  Saw an add and had to wonder, can one own one in NJ

Feltman  Pneumatic machine gun you know just like the one you shot at the fair or Coney Island.

Its a BB gun. Yes they are full auto and shoot metal BBs . All ya need is 100psi air supply and ammo. could be just the thing for defending the bird feeder

gotta wonder

How much is it?

Looks like the originals are going for $750 to $1,200 depending on condition.

There are new full auto BB guns made by different manufacturers for much less.

Since PRNJ considers a BB rifle a rifle, I would not want to be the test case getting caught here with one!!!

I would think NJ law would construe it to be a machine gun, but I know there is a federal law that preempts state law that says states cannot ban air guns. Whether that would apply in this case, I don't know.

Also, if they are somehow legal, you would need to have it shipped to PA or some other state, shipping airguns direct to you in NJ is s no-no.

I would think NJ law would construe it to be a machine gun, but I know there is a federal law that preempts state law that says states cannot ban air guns. Whether that would apply in this case, I don't know.

Also, if they are somehow legal, you would need to have it shipped to PA or some other state, shipping airguns direct to you in NJ is s no-no.

Then how do the Carnivals and fairs in NJ have them? Every year at the church fair there they are.

heh.

Gamo air gun with a silencer is illegal, I would bet dollars to donuts that you'd get hooked up right quick for a fully automatic assault bb firearm

The booths all have Permits posted. Some legal inspection / fee charging is being done. Can't see something as flagrant as "fully automatic assault weapons of war" being "missed"

You can still buy them at Shooting star in Scotch Plains NJ.   I owned two Shoot out the Star games. They make money.  The shot got expensive.  My wife and I sold both games when we got out of the Amusement business.

Was there any kind of gun related paperwork required to buy them?

Was there any kind of gun related paperwork required to buy them?

No none at all.   I brought my own trailer to them and they charged me $14,000 to put in a 4 gun unit. That was back around 1989. Feltman was out of Long Island.  His sister married a guy and went into business in Scotch Plains NJ under the name Shooting Star.  Feltman is long out of business, just Shooting star is left.   

I have an old one built in Coney Island and it works great. You can buy them from Shooting Star, but you have to buy the whole set up with guns, trailer, compressor etc. Its not a cheap investment. Ive hooked it up to my pancake compressor and it works with less than 100psi. The shot is an odd size, but they sell all the supplies you would need such as targets, loading tubes and of course shot. If you do buy an older single gun, Shooting Star will service it.   Also, I am no longer a NJ resident, and this bb gun is in PA.

"Machine gun" means any firearm, mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot and having a reservoir, belt or other means of storing and carrying ammunition which can be loaded into the firearm, mechanism or instrument and fired therefrom.

Ammunition" means various projectiles, including bullets, missiles, slugs or balls together with fuses, propelling charges and primers that may be fired, ejected, projected, released, or emitted from firearms or weapons.

If I read this right, a machine gun needs to use ammunition. The definition of ammunition would not include bb's because it does not use fuses, propelling charges or primers.

This "machine bb gun" seems to be legal. Also the gamo whisperer was tagged illegal because of the "suppressor."

We've gone through this argument before here, can't be bothered to look up the old thread.

They are illegal when evaluated under NJ firearms law and there is no exemption for them but apparently no one bothers to to call them out when they're operated in NJ commercially.

I believe that if an individual showed up to a range with one, or had a neighbor call the cops because someone was shooting one in their backyard in a municipality with a no discharge ordinance that they be charged with illegal possession of a prohibited firearm.