Carcano

Avoid: R & R Gunsmiths - Somers Point/Ocean City

I wrote a review on his Facebook page, this guy is crazy! first he tells me that I might get a visit from NJSP over the negative review I posted...after that he asks me to remove my review from his business page...and last but not least he claims he claims I'm on the "very edge of legality" because I owned a NJ compliant black guns and I sold many long guns on GunBroker after I shifted my collecting towards WW1-WW2 firearms (I liquidated my collection of black guns).

He even says he's willing to sell to me after he told me he wouldn't over the phone, I wonder if this guy is having a seizure....

I got off the phone with my attorney and he said my collecting activity is not illegal and since my firearms are NJ compliant with COE from FFL's I'm fine (he is a former Trooper in SJ) but still worried since I live down the street from this nut...

not so smart the state police will probably visit U.
stop posting of things you now nothing about. Ignorance is bliss.

I will respectfully ask you to remove your comments.

The problem is your comments were making me uneasy. didn't call the state police or ATF but you seem to be bordering on the very edge of legality makes me uncomfortable. If you want to buy regular sporting firearms we are more than happy to help both new and used.

And any repairs before jan 18 2014 were the old r&R

If in south jersey and need anything or a transfer try my guy out at Pistol Petes gun shop in Indian mills New Jersey. He is right off route 206 and is an absolute pleasure to deal with. Anytime I purchase anything off of him it has been amazing and has turned into a great friendship. Not to mention every time I've purchased he's thrown in some ammo so I can head right to the farm and try it out. His transfers are under $60 and that's everything including tax.

If in south jersey and need anything or a transfer try my guy out at Pistol Petes gun shop in Indian mills New Jersey. He is right off route 206 and is an absolute pleasure to deal with. Anytime I purchase anything off of him it has been amazing and has turned into a great friendship. Not to mention every time I've purchased he's thrown in some ammo so I can head right to the farm and try it out. His transfers are under $60 and that's everything including tax.

I've  been meaning to swing by there... I was dating a girl in Shamong and ment to get by there when I was creeping by her house. I fired her so not up there as much but i still need to go by there next time up 206.

P&K Firearms owner(Paul) always being nice and professional to me. Highly recommended!!

Tony at TJ Sporting Arms is another great FFL to deal with. I wish he was closer to me so i can visit him more often.

Maybe we can ask Paul(PK90) to move back to South NJ?

I don't think Paul ever intends to come back here ;) Can't blame him...

PK90 was great to deal with, wish he was still in NJ and open that was just a short drive.

You should also consider Bushwhacker gun shop in Dorothy. 

The owner(Wayne) his a great guy to deal with. He runs the shop part time in the evening.

He also does excellent gunsmith work.

Call before you go.

I don't think Paul ever intends to come back here ;) Can't blame him...

PK90 was great to deal with, wish he was still in NJ and open that was just a short drive.

The owner(Wayne) his a great guy to deal with. He runs the shop part time in the evening.

Call before you go.

Thanks I'll look into using him for smith work, getting hard to find a good smith anymore.

You could beat him to the punch and call the Firearms Department of the NJSP and invite them over to see for themselves. They are not evil human beings; most likely they don't care about your WWII rifles.

Years ago I bought a bolt action receiver off gunbroker. I sent my FFL information along with a personal check (which had my address on it). The seller sent the receiver to me. I attempted to contact the seller and even sent a certified letter which came back as undeliverable. Seller never cashed my check. I got a little panicked and did not want to end up in trouble over a receiver so I cut it in half and then called the NJSP. When I explained the situation the officer told me that I should not have cut the receiver and that it could have been corrected. Now that the receiver is destroyed it doesn't matter and they don't care about me. He did want the information about the seller to pass along to the ATF. It had been 7 years and I have not heard anything.

Call before you go.

Just wanted to bump this, I called Wayne and got his rate. Very reasonable transfer rate :)

I'm in the process of trying to burn a permit and I will use Bushwhacker.

Thanks for the suggestion.

This jerk is at it again, I searched my name on Google and found he posted my personal information (obtained from ATF Form 4473 and NJ COE) online.

I called ATF and NJSP today, can't disclose what was said or what will be done on here but both agencies are aware and it sounds like his license will likely be put up for review and action taken.

I also have two attorneys looking into this.

As a business owner he agreed to have his name made public, it's on printed form (business cards), online (FaceBook), on the State/Federal license hanging up in the shop, and local Tax Office records.

But publishing a customers name, address, etc. online is disturbing and puts my safety at risk.

This jerk is at it again, I searched my name on Google and found he posted my personal information (obtained from ATF Form 4473 and NJ COE) online.

I called ATF and NJSP today, can't disclose what was said or what will be done on here but both agencies are aware and it sounds like his license will likely be put up for review and action taken.

As a business owner he agreed to have his name made public, it's on printed form (business cards), online (FaceBook), on the State/Federal license hanging up in the shop, and local Tax Office records.

But publishing a customers name, address, etc. online is disturbing and puts my safety at risk.

Wow....

What led me to the conclusion that it came from the 4473 or COE is that:

- I am not listed in the White Pages or any online directory by given name (he posted First, Middle, and Surname).

And

- I have no "social media" accounts or any accounts online with my real name attached, no even close variations.

Pissed is putting it nicely, I'm livid over this!

That is ashame, R&R use to be top notch.. He was very good at setting up hunting rifles I know a few guys that use to hunt all over the world and use him. I have purchased many parts there over the years mostly shotgun when i was hunting a-lot.. last i remember getting was a mag spring for my mossberg 5500 about 15 years ago..

That is ashame, R&R use to be top notch.. He was very good at setting up hunting rifles I know a few guys that use to hunt all over the world and use him. I have purchased many parts there over the years mostly shotgun when i was hunting a-lot.. last i remember getting was a mag spring for my mossberg 5500 about 15 years ago..

Yep, That was good old Richard who had it :)

He did some nice work, was friendly.

I bought a bolt Winchester in 22lr from him when I first got my FPID, also had a few mosins shipped to him....he retired and sold it to this guy.

So you think he posted your personal information derived from transfer documents because of this thread?

Another member sent me a PM, apparently I starred R&R on facebook some time ago and since I'm no longer active on facebook I forgot that account existed.

When I had an argument with him back in 2014 he rubbed in how he had my info from those forms and I didn't take it as a threat at the time but connected two and two today and might have jumped the gun.

Carcano, I read this post when it first started and was not happy the way it transpired between you and R & R. It seems that something simple got blown out of proporsion on both of your parts. You said your side of the story and bad mouthed the business which I believe is very one sided. Okay now it goes away and then you bring it up again in April of this year again WHY to hurt the mans business again. If I were him I would be pissed also and try and retaliate back against you also. Why don't you let a sleeping dog lay there. You seem very vindictive .  Buster