mipafox

Are You Leaving NJ in the Next 5 Years?

253 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to leave NJ in the next 5 years?

• Yes
    • No
    • Already Gone
    • I'm a cop Yes
    • I'm a cop No

I am checking out Charlottesville,VA today and tonight as part of my southern road trip. So far, it seems like a very nice environment, meeting most of our criteria, (listed in an earlier post). It has a strong potential as our next residence destination for retirement. Looking forward to the continued exploration this week in SC, NC and MD.

AVB-AMG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the last couple years I figured I wanted exit this shithole by the time Christie leaves. With the mandatory pension contributions coming up on the ballot in November and couple that with bailing out AC and the 5 cent bag tax among other things, I'm gonna try and get out of here soon as I can. Sometime next month I'm going on a 5-6 week long road trip. Will be visiting friends in NC, SC, and Florida. Will also go see family in Alabama and Louisiana. Will be searching for property while there. I'm almost 30 yrs old and have been working my ass off in the family business since high school. I'm thru with having to pay over 25K a year in property taxes every year, high car and health insurance, etc. Luckily I'm not married and have no kids.

Since I left 2 years ago, I have to admit it has been pretty miserable.

Every day since I have been gone, I have missed NJ and wanted to come back.

It has been a personal hell being out of NJ.

bahahahahaaaa.

Just kidding.

• Like 2

Since I left 2 years ago, I have to admit it has been pretty miserable.

Every day since I have been gone, I have missed NJ and wanted to come back.

It has been a personal hell being out of NJ.

bahahahahaaaa.

Just kidding.

Holy shit that was funny.

If you hear reports of a tornado in south jersey next week dont be alarmed, its just the dust cloud I'm leaving behind in my wake as I head out  :dancer:

My trailer is getting over loaded so anyone interested in some furniture, washer/dryer, fridg., tools, big shop vac, other stuff, just shoot me a PM and we can work something out

Since I left for Texas a year and a half ago I haven't missed anything...not even family (it was all in-laws anyway).   I HAD to go back in Nov/Dec last year for work at McGuire AFB and as I walked out of Newark airport and instinctively pressed my right elbow against my hip, I was reminded of one of the many reasons I disliked NJ.  I'm so used to carrying now that not having a 9 or .45 on my hip just feels.....WRONG.  I had the same feeling when I had to work in Illinois...they're the only two states I've worked in that don't honor my TX License to Carry.  Indiana, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Missouri - no problem...NJ & IL...I'm a felon if I get caught carrying. 

And heaven forbid I bring my 9mm to NJ...19 felony counts in the magazine and one in the chamber, one felony count for each magazine (I have 4), and another if I decide to carry it.  So, I'm looking at 25 felony charges (42 if I have my second magazine loaded) for some pieces of plastic and metal that are perfectly legal in my home state.

Since I left for Texas a year and a half ago I haven't missed anything...not even family (it was all in-laws anyway). I HAD to go back in Nov/Dec last year for work at McGuire AFB and as I walked out of Newark airport and instinctively pressed my right elbow against my hip, I was reminded of one of the many reasons I disliked NJ. I'm so used to carrying now that not having a 9 or .45 on my hip just feels.....WRONG. I had the same feeling when I had to work in Illinois...they're the only two states I've worked in that don't honor my TX License to Carry. Indiana, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Missouri - no problem...NJ & IL...I'm a felon if I get caught carrying.

And heaven forbid I bring my 9mm to NJ...19 felony counts in the magazine and one in the chamber, one felony count for each magazine (I have 4), and another if I decide to carry it. So, I'm looking at 25 felony charges (42 if I have my second magazine loaded) for some pieces of plastic and metal that are perfectly legal in my home state.

I know how you feel.

I was on the job, alone, in wooded wetland. A couple guys that I could not see started making loud animal noises at me. I reached for my hip to break leather and - no gun. Very bad feeling.

Liberal strategy #1..make all conservatives run to a few holdout states which will ensure their votes have no impact on elections. Then stack the courts to reaffirm new liberal legislation. Yeah..its working quite nicely..keep running boys..nothing like kicking the can down the road a bit

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If you leave, I am aware most here are patriots and not commie liberals, but don't bring yankee ways and voting with you. They have turned Delaware and Maryland blue and are working their way into Virginia. All these states have mass imported Yankees that brought yankee ideas with them.  Now if you are assimilating the southern states are very nice and accommodating, but there are three things very concerning to southern patriots

1, black man with a gun

2 brown man with a knife

3 yankee with a moving van headed south with a Obama/Biden sticker on the bumper.

obama and hillary love idiots you

Liberal strategy #1..make all conservatives run to a few holdout states which will ensure their votes have no impact on elections. Then stack the courts to reaffirm new liberal legislation. Yeah..its working quite nicely..keep running boys..nothing like kicking the can down the road a bit

So what's your solution if people aren't going to move to free states?  And to be honest at this point I think its more important to save the states that we actually have, in the past 10 years how many states like the Carolinas, Virginia, Georgia now this year, etc are "borderline toss up" - nothing more the progressives want than to turn Texas blue, its starting in Austin, and they are trying to spread that cancer through many metro areas.

• Like 1

So what's your solution if people aren't going to move to free states? And to be honest at this point I think its more important to save the states that we actually have, in the past 10 years how many states like the Carolinas, Virginia, Georgia now this year, etc are "borderline toss up" - nothing more the progressives want than to turn Texas blue, its starting in Austin, and they are trying to spread that cancer through many metro areas.

So what if you save 10 states..their impact in govt and elections will be minimized to the point where nothing they do matters. So then the rest of the blue states , along with a blue prez vote and pass ammo restrictions, AWB and eliminate.right to carry..Libs hate nothing more than conservative neighbors..they want full compliance..and to be honest the running away is playing right to their game. Over the last few decades Americans have gotten really good at ignoring and running away from problems..the trend lies not only with its govt but also with its citizens..NC, SC, TX FL and maybe AZ have become nothing but conservative refugee camps..and no matter how much you want to bang your chest about how great life is there and how wonderful their firearms laws are remember this, they are not the frontlines in this national battle for survival..the big states that are blue or turning blue are. You dont think once this country legalizes the illegals that are here and then they start voting ,big red states such as SC TX AZ etc wont do a 180'..so then what...move again?

If you leave, I am aware most here are patriots and not commie liberals, but don't bring yankee ways and voting with you. They have turned Delaware and Maryland blue and are working their way into Virginia. All these states have mass imported Yankees that brought yankee ideas with them.  Now if you are assimilating the southern states are very nice and accommodating, but there are three things very concerning to southern patriots

1, black man with a gun

2 brown man with a knife

3 yankee with a moving van headed south with a Obama/Biden sticker on the bumper.

In Texas, they give you a test at the border. If you fail and come up Liberal, you are given a pass to only move to Austin! :rtfm:

I'm halfway down my road. It doesn't go on forever. I fight more than you know, but I need to live my life, too. I'd rather not fight and live my life inside an oppressive totalitarian state. By your logic, I should go live in North Korea to protect America.

There is nothing in Jersey's history to suggest that conservatives staying there will not only free Jersey but protect other states as well. It's merely speculation on your part and it doesn't even really make sense as far as I can tell.

I'm finally out!  Lease will be terminated on 9/30/2016.  It's looking pretty bad in this state, I wish you all the best of luck!

Got room in your trunk for a few more?

I'm halfway down my road. It doesn't go on forever. I fight more than you know, but I need to live my life, too. I'd rather not fight and live my life inside an oppressive totalitarian state. By your logic, I should go live in North Korea to protect America.

There is nothing in Jersey's history to suggest that conservatives staying there will not only free Jersey but protect other states as well. It's merely speculation on your part and it doesn't even really make sense as far as I can tell.

I completely understand his point.

If it gets to the point where the liberals control most of the states and therefore most of the senate, congress, etc., your 'free states' won't mean shit, because they'll have the numbers to just outright ban/regulate firearms and ammunition into nonexistance.

So, yes, Arizona will have Conceal carry, but you'll be carrying BB guns.

If we at least hold out in the blue/turning-blue states, it'll give us a chance.

Red states will stay Red, and at least here in NJ we push hard enough to keep a few Red folks in office.. If enough of us leave, all of the partially blue states become full blue, and the few all red states wont mean much once FEDERAL firearm laws are passed that make NJ look like Nevada. So, in short, we are better off pulling conservatives out of very right leaning states and putting them in states like NJ just enough to tip the scale, than all running to 'free' states, leaving the abandoned states to completely collapse under the weight of all of the libs..

It makes sense, but, it involves sacrificing some freedoms which many of us simply dont want to do. The only way i can really see myself staying in NJ in the long run, seeing as i am young and am looking for a career/to finish college at some point, is if i do well on the upcoming LEE exam and get a job here. Otherwise, as soon as i get a chance to finish school or find a job opportunity elsewhere (or simply dont make enough here to survive), i'm GONE.

Today you really need to be racially aware. It is unfortunate but true. Also that joke is older than I am and I am getting up there. In addition we could say kum bye alh we are all equal, everyone in jail of color is innocent and Hillary's scandals mean nothing. We could say all illegals deserve to be citizens and men should be able to use the ladies rooms if they like. You know what? They would still think what they want about gun owners.

Some call this "public image" worried about how some tthings might be perceived. Afraid to state facts like the areas that many people are more likely to carry a gun if they are going to. "public image" is how we have 5 dead cops in dallas. Too many white liberals that are money and power hungry gave groups like black lives matter a long enough leash. Hell they invited a would be cop killer's mother in Mike Brown onstage at the DNC. Trust me. We are not going to change minds regardless and I support the second amendment for anyone legally entitled. Black panthers want guns fine with me. Armed societies are polite societies.

Its not about changing their (the left) minds, its about preventing them from growing their numbers by pointing out simple minded, racists gun owners

So... OK I'm out, in Ohio now for almost 3weeks and my house in Jersey should close in a few weeks. Oh, and I'm already registered to vote. Once my house closes I'm going to buy 2 (maybe 3) handguns on the same day, just because I can. :). Just waiting for my 45 day residency so I can apply for my CCW and then ill be looking to pick up a few suppressors and sbr a couple of lowers.

• Like 2