mipafox

Are You Leaving NJ in the Next 5 Years?

253 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to leave NJ in the next 5 years?

• Yes
    • No
    • Already Gone
    • I'm a cop Yes
    • I'm a cop No

Old poll...for me, former LEO and left NJ for FL 8.5 years ago due to the gun laws and the NJ economic situation.

LEOSA works just fine for me wherever I travel.

I have a FL CCW but rely mainly on LEOSA even while in FL.

My wife and I are currently in NJ for Christmas. Carried all the way up and will do so all the way back...legally. :)

I just got back to SC after visiting family for the holidays.  Holy crap!  I think I got sick from the lack of freedom and the scent of fascism...no really, I've been sick the past couple days...now I'm back in SC and I'm feeling better!  If the family wants to see me anymore they can just come and visit! 

Proud to say I got out in Aug. Now I'm in AZ and loving life. I don't say that to gloat. I am doing the same work for less pay and yet I've never been happier. Freedom is a great thing. For those thinking about it I can only say that it is in fact even better then I thought. Good luck and happy New Year.

Run for the border, gents...

NJ.com: People are fleeing N.J. faster than any other state, moving company says

Nearly two of every three families making an interstate move involving New Jersey last year were leaving the Garden State, the highest rate in the country.

New Jersey had the greatest percentage of outbound moves of any state nationally last year with almost 65 percent departing, according to a company which bills itself as the largest transporter of household goods in the country.

The Garden State has led the nation in outward migration for the fourth time in five years.

In all, United said it tracked 4,003 moves out of New Jersey in 2014 compared to 2,169 inbound.

Nearly half of those leaving New Jersey were bound for Florida (15 percent), California (14), Texas (9) and North Carolina (7.5), spokeswoman Melissa Sullivan told NJ Advance Media.

Retirement and jobs were the top reasons to leave the state last year, according to a United Survey of departing New Jerseyans.

About 42 percent reported leaving for a new job or company transfer. Forty-one percent attributed their move to retirement. More than half (56 percent) of people leaving New Jersey were over the age of 55, with 22 percent older than 65.

Among the other states where more people moved out than in, New York's rate was second at 64 percent with Illinois third (63 percent). Two other northeast states also ranked in the top 10 — Pennsylvania was ninth and Connecticut 10th.

United Van Lines has been tracking moves for 38 years, it said.

While residents are fleeing New Jersey in far greater numbers than people are arriving, that's not the case in many states. In Oregon, nearly two-thirds (66) percent of the moves are inbound; In South Carolina and North Carolina, about 61 percent of the moves were inbound.

The study took into account 255,848 moves in all.

United is the mover for about 400 of the nation's Fortune 500 companies, Sullivan said.

...Among the other states where more people moved out than in, New York's rate was second at 64 percent with Illinois third (63 percent). Two other northeast states also ranked in the top 10 — Pennsylvania was ninth and Connecticut 10th.

Ack!!!

No! No!

My concern is it's not just conservatives leaving NJ.  I see liberalism as a disease.  Older liberals leaving NJ are just going to infect someplace else.  My wife and I have spent our last several years vacationing across the country looking for areas we'd like to retire.  One of them is Asheville NC.  I swear I read that was a place the Obama's were considering once they trashed the country (I mean leave the Whitehouse).

It just seems that liberals, when they want to leave behind the mess created by liberalism, gravitate to more conservative areas - then slowly destroy them by bringing their liberal beliefs with them...

My concern is it's not just conservatives leaving NJ.  I see liberalism as a disease.  Older liberals leaving NJ are just going to infect someplace else.  My wife and I have spent our last several years vacationing across the country looking for areas we'd like to retire.  One of them is Asheville NC.  I swear I read that was a place the Obama's were considering once they trashed the country (I mean leave the Whitehouse).

It just seems that liberals, when they want to leave behind the mess created by liberalism, gravitate to more conservative areas - then slowly destroy them by bringing their liberal beliefs with them...

Ashveille is where they are headed.  That said, its always been sorta liberal because of the large UNC campus there.  Columbia is sort of the same due to USC.  But still FAR more conservative than anything in NJ....except maybe parts of Sussex.

Unfortunately, people from NY/NJ have a tendency to want to re-create NY/NJ wherever they go.

Maybe it would be best if all gun owners escape from NJ and the State experiences a Nuclear cleansing...wait 100 years and check the genetics of anyone moving back and or reproducing. Keep the anti's and undecided in other anti-gun States.

My mom called me yesterday and asked if I heard the news. After 43 years... Mercedes-Benz is latest to leave NJ, moving from Montvale to Atlanta.

Looks like it's not just people leaving the Garten State. I feel bad for those that are going to be left behind with out a job. I'm glad businesses are coming into the Peach State.

Working with the family now to plan our journey to free America, Our boys are still young, and I'm not sure I want them growing up in the North East.  I'm from the lower Hudson valley in NY originally and my wife is from Brooklyn.  We lived in both in addition to Bergen county now. And to be honest we are in  great town, but the cost of living and daycare  is far out pacing our salaries.  Our property taxes have doubled since we bought our house, with out any major changes to it.

Girlfriend just accepted a job in Jacksonville, FL. Be heading down in about 5 weeks.

Will be keeping the house here for a while until we find a house to buy there.

Unfortunately, I may still be commuting back and forth to work up here for a while, but we will be residents of FL.

Yipee!!

I just bought and will be a part time resident for another year or so as I have obligations to business partners to finish out some time.  

I'm leaving for the following reasons and in this order:  taxes, NJ has the highest tax no matter which tax you are speaking about and they are the only state to tax estate and inheritance (double tax my goodness), weather, my wife can't take the winter anymore, gun laws.  The gun law item is a symptom of a larger issue on NJ crushing your rights.  This a deep blue entitlement state and you can see it by the immigration and emmigration.  Skilled or educated workers are leaving and they are being replaced by foreigners--not a great long term recipe.  Also, although Chris Christie hasn't been a great friend to gun owners, he's held the line on taxes.  Property taxes have had their slowest rate of growth in history and he won't sign increases on income tax.  I wish somehow they could fund the public pensions through better management but it ain't going to happen as they've been neglected for too many years.  With regard to the entitlement state, the continued pandering to unions and illegals by the democrats have bled us dry.  The only solution when Sweeney becomes governor is going to be tax increases on those who actually produce something.  I'm not down with that.

In Florida my state tax is 0, I bought a house in a country club with 2600 taxes and a 933 dollar HOA which inlcudes internet, cable, phone and my family golf membership.  I'm a couple miles from the beach and the state income tax is 0, the estate tax is 0.  Also, driving around all week down there running errands I noticed none of the roads were in disrepair.  This spring I've paid for more tires than I care to discuss.  

After this rant I think the biggest thing that's driving me away is the deep blue liberal NJ.  The weather I'd tough out but don't have to now.

The wife is going back to school in September. Once she is done, and once we save up with us both working again we are selling the condo and blowing this popsicle stand!

Not sure where yet. I just got back from Atlanta, Georgia is nice lol. More than likely it will be VA, PA it NC. Who knows. As long as it's no longer Nj. Only thing that upsets me, is most of the better places to live are so damn hot!