mipafox

Are You Leaving NJ in the Next 5 Years?

253 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to leave NJ in the next 5 years?

• Yes
    • No
    • Already Gone
    • I'm a cop Yes
    • I'm a cop No

I'm 2-3 weeks away from listing my home.  I've spent the past 2 months catching up on some deferred maintenance items.  

Short term, I'm going to rent in NJ for a year or two but after that I'm leaving for PA.  I don't want to be tied up with real estate when the pension system completely fails.

I've spent the past 2 months catching up on some deferred maintenance items.

Thankfully I've taken care of some of the bigger stuff (roof, windows, etc.) over the last few years, in preparation for a move.

Unfortunately I bought in 2006 when houses were still a bit pricey, so while I'm not upside-down, I won't be raking in huge profits either.  It helps that my company is paying all re-location costs though (home closing costs, moving company, etc.).

Thankfully I've taken care of some of the bigger stuff (roof, windows, etc.) over the last few years, in preparation for a move.

Unfortunately I bought in 2006 when houses were still a bit pricey, so while I'm not upside-down, I won't be raking in huge profits either.  It helps that my company is paying all re-location costs though (home closing costs, moving company, etc.).

I bought in 2007. Did windows, new front porch and new laundry room a few years ago. Painting, , new carpets, refinish hardwood floors, bathroom remodel, countertops and some landscaping work is what I'm working on.

Just make sure you have all permits closed out before you list. I had an old permit I was not aware of from when I had the furnace replaced. Caused a crazy amount of drama up to our closing. I learned a valuable lesson this time around. Anything that requires the government approval involves getting screwed over most of the time.

In the boonies Cottageville. 1hr from Charleston 1 1/2 hr from Savannah. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent. I'm outside of Jacksonville. Relocating soon.

Congrats... I'll be right behind you although I'm heading a bit farther south - near Greenville, SC. Just accepted a job transfer/promotion a few weeks ago.

I'm flying down next week to get a lease started on a house, and will be listing my NJ home for sale shortly afterwards.

I'm in Columbia....but if you're into uspsa or idpa check out Spartanburg practical shooters. I usually hit their match on the first Saturday of the month. Midcarolina rifle is by me and puts on good events. There is also a 1k yard range (soon 1500) that hosts 3 gun on the second Daturday of the month in Laurens.

Welcome to America!

Can you give me the name of 1000-1500yd range in Laurens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCOTG:

https://m.facebook.com/SCOTG13?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FSCOTG13

I haven't gone yet, but everyone says it's awesome. 6 month anniversary of their 3 gun had an AR-50 shoot at 1k yards...oh and a pistol stage on an inversion table.

Holy crap. Not great gun laws (but still America) but that range is awesome. Not sure where to find that around here. Definitely no open ranges or gun clubs around here with 1000 yards. Need to know somebody.

Check out  Mifflin Ed. Not super close, but cheap to join.

http://www.mifflincosportsmens.com/

In the boonies Cottageville. 1hr from Charleston 1 1/2 hr from Savannah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck.   I grew up in the boonies and seriously miss it now even though I hated it back then.

I made it out to FL 2 yrs ago. Carry every day. 30 gun shops and 15 ranges within 20mn from my house. Guns are spoken about openly in my office environment. Most women i meet /date own or carry or their daddies took them to shoot young.

NJ sucks. GTF out

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I made it out to FL 2 yrs ago. Carry every day. 30 gun shops and 15 ranges within 20mn from my house. Guns are spoken about openly in my office environment. Most women i meet /date own or carry or their daddies took them to shoot young. NJ sucks. GTF out Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Where in FL are you? I'm north east of Jax on Amelia island. I'm going to join gateway Range outdoors. 1200 lifetime.

Where in FL are you? I'm north east of Jax on Amelia island. I'm going to join gateway Range outdoors. 1200 lifetime.

Hey Rob,

Contact me before you join Gateway. Went there a couple of weeks ago to shoot for the first time.

If you're not familiar, I'll fill you in a bit.

So I have been down in Florida for 2 weeks now. I am loving life, the beaches are fantastic and clean. The day after we arrived I went and applied for my concealed permit, took 20 minutes. Just read on the Fl website they are now expediting veteran's licenses, so hopefully I will get it shortly. Yesterday I went and bought a suppressor, NFA is currently about 5 months out. Welcome to America. I will miss the good friends that I have in NJ, but they are welcome to come down and visit.