mipafox

Are You Leaving NJ in the Next 5 Years?

253 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to leave NJ in the next 5 years?

• Yes
    • No
    • Already Gone
    • I'm a cop Yes
    • I'm a cop No

I've found that the middle school in my kid's school district is basically a $hithole so three years to get out before then (or pony up for private school). Now looking hard at Chester/Delaware County in PA, possibly Riverside County in CA. Less enthusiastic about the latter, but family situation is forcing me to at least consider it.

I'm 2-3 weeks away from listing my home.  I've spent the past 2 months catching up on some deferred maintenance items.  

Short term, I'm going to rent in NJ for a year or two but after that I'm leaving for PA.  I don't want to be tied up with real estate when the pension system completely fails.

Quick update:  It took me a month to finish everything up.  The good news is I'm under contract after being listed for only 6 days.  The bad news is after the home inspection, they want to have a roofer examine the roof exterior.  I don't blame them, as I have no idea how old the roof actually is.

Quick update:  It took me a month to finish everything up.  The good news is I'm under contract after being listed for only 6 days.  The bad news is after the home inspection, they want to have a roofer examine the roof exterior.  I don't blame them, as I have no idea how old the roof actually is.

It'll be fine and comgrats.

I just found out that I'm being laid off in 60 days so it looks like I'll be pushing up the NJ exodus by a year. The plan is to be in Florida starting 1-Nov. I will be applying for my CCW ASAP after the move.

Condolences and Congratulations.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Aw, come on guys! If there is any justice in this life, We will get CCW in the PRNJ someday! Then for all the years we suffered, we will get FA, RPG permits and then Constitutional carry!!! 

You just have to wait it out!!!!!!

Aw, come on guys! If there is any justice in this life, We will get CCW in the PRNJ someday! Then for all the years we suffered, we will get FA, RPG permits and then Constitutional carry!!! 

We already have CCW and MG permits ;)

We need to work on making these as easy (better yet, easier) than applying for an FPID!

And that pesky AWB...

I have a feeling NJ WILL progress and loosen it's gun-control grip, someday...

Property taxes are another story...

I have stated before and truly believe that any change in the PRNJ will come from the feds! Some unexpected SCOTUS ruling or that of a lower Federal court! NJ will NEVER

capitulate until forced by the Federal Government!!! But it will happen! I predict such a ruling very soon!  Things just can't go on as they have for much longer!!

The catalyst will be the total lack of reciprocity for any out of state CCW holders and the imprisonment of same!

I just found out that I'm being laid off in 60 days so it looks like I'll be pushing up the NJ exodus by a year. The plan is to be in Florida starting 1-Nov. I will be applying for my CCW ASAP after the move.

Sorry to hear that, but congrats on the planned move. That's what we did after I got laid off. Took a year and a half, but the the gf got a better paying job in her field than NJ.

Welcome aboard.  I have no regrets living here.

You can apply now because resident and non-resident is the same. It only changes when you get a FL DL to present with you CWL.

Who said life is fair?

So I have been down in Florida for 2 weeks now. I am loving life, the beaches are fantastic and clean. The day after we arrived I went and applied for my concealed permit, took 20 minutes. Just read on the Fl website they are now expediting veteran's licenses, so hopefully I will get it shortly. Yesterday I went and bought a suppressor, NFA is currently about 5 months out. Welcome to America. I will miss the good friends that I have in NJ, but they are welcome to come down and visit.

Where are you Jimmy?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hey Mikey, he's right down the road from me in Nocatee, Ponte Vedra.

Hey Keith,

Yes in a community called Nocatee. The place is great, plenty of amenities and things to do. I got my carry in 48 days here and have a suppressor in NFA jail, hoping for Christmas. The weather here was cooler than up in NJ for a good part of the summer and everyone I have met is really nice here. If you are thinking of Florida this is a great area.

Jimmy

Why quite a few of us in the same area. I have a suppressor and 3 SBRs waiting for stamps.

Which suppressor did you buy? I bought a liberty mystic-x.

My Form 4 went pending on June 10th. Still waiting. Last I heard they're running about 5 months.

Even Electronic Form 1s, which had been 4 - 6 weeks is supposedly a lot longer now. Been 10 weeks since my Form 1 went pending.

When I called the ATF last week, the recording said 5 months for Electronic Form 1s, although the woman I spoke with didn't think it would be that long.

Why quite a few of us in the same area. I have a suppressor and 3 SBRs waiting for stamps.

Which suppressor did you buy? I bought a liberty mystic-x.

I got this one.

http://silencerco.com/products/omega/

After reading a lot about different ones this seems to do everything well. I am going to have all the breaks cut off my rifles and get the comps attached. The shop I bought it from is going to do all the work for me.

Sold!  I rented a townhouse 15-20 miles away from PA in Clinton.  I'll rent here for a year, no more than two while I figure out where in PA I want to live.

Sold!  I rented a townhouse 15-20 miles away from PA in Clinton.  I'll rent here for a year, no more than two while I figure out where in PA I want to live.

Congrats.